Dhuska is a traditional Jharkhand and Bihar. It is made up of rice and pulses. It is a snack but some people also prefers having it as a main course.
Here is step by step easy recipe to make Dhuska. Dhuska is mostly served with tomato and potato curry or green coriander dip.
Soak a ½ cup of Chana Dal, a ¼ cup of Urad Dal and a cup of rice in water for 4-5 hours.
After soaking them, remove the extra water from them.
Add them in the grinder jar along with some water, 4 medium sized green chillies, 3/4 inch ginger julienne and grind them for the paste.
Pour the paste in a bowl and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1/2 pinch of asafoetida, 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, less than 1/2 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of green coriander to it.
Preheat Oil to fry Dhuska and beat the batter for 2 minutes.
Add the batter using a spatula in the rightly heated oil.
Flip and fry them till they appear golden brown from both sides.
Drain them out once they are fried and fry rest of the Dhuska likewise
Add a tsp of Eno fruit salt in the batter before cooking it on the griddle.
Preheat griddle and spread some oil to grease it.
Spread the batter while keeping the flame on medium.
Spread some oil over it.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
They have cooked from the bottom and bloated too.
Spread some oil over it before flipping.
Flip it and cover to cook it for 2 minutes.
Dhuska appears golden brown from both sides, they have cooked.
Remove and keep them aside.
- You can take any variety of rice to cook it.
- Sago pearls - ¾ cup (125 grams)
- Mango pulp - 1 cup
- Chopped mango - 1
- Fresh coconut (grated) - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Milk - 1 litre
- Pistachios - for garnishing
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- - Soak a ¾ cup of sago pearls in the water for an hour.
- - Boil a litre of milk in a vessel and stir it in between of process too.
- - Add the soaked sago pearls to it after removing the water from it.
- - Stir and cook it until the sago pearls become transparent.
- - After cooking it for 15 minutes, add a ½ cup freshly grated coconut and a ½ cup of sugar to it.
- - Cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- - Extract a cup of mango pulp and add it to the dessert.
- - Add a ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder to it and cook it for a while on high flame.
- - Remove it from the stove and let it cool down.
- - Add some chopped mangoes to it and mix well.
- - Pour the dessert in a serving bowl and serve it.
- - Store it in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving it.
- - Garnish it with chopped pistachios and mangoes before serving it.