Cabbage stuffed Paratha is a perfect and healthy breakfast. It is also perfect to pack in the lunch boxes. Serving it along with desired dips and making it of scrumptious stuffing helps to make it delicious.
Here is a step by step recipe along with pictures to make cabbage paratha. This recipe will help you to make it perfect.
Add a ½ tsp of salt to 2 cups of wheat flour.
Mix 2 teaspoons of oil with it.
Use a cup of water in intervals and knead the soft dough.
After kneading the dough, cover and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Take 300 grams of cabbage, remove it upper 3-4 leaves and separate the rest of them.
Add salt to lukewarm water in a vessel.
Dip the cabbage leaves in it for 10 minutes.
Drain them out after 10 minutes and wash with fresh water in a strainer so that extra water moves back in it.
Keep them in a basket and dry them until the water evaporates.
Make bunches of leaves and chop them.
Preheat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
Add 2 tsp of cumin to it on low flame and roast it.
Saute a ½ tsp of ginger paste, 2 finely chopped green chillies, a ½ tsp of coriander powder, a ¼ tsp of red chilli powder with it.
Add chopped cabbage to the roasted spices along with a ½ tsp of salt.
Stir and cook them for 2 minutes.
Add 2 to 3 tbsp of finely chopped green coriander and cook while stirring it for 1 to 2 minutes.
The stuffing will be cooked after 2 minutes.
Mash the dough softly after 20 minutes because it has set.
Preheat a griddle for cooking the Parathas.
Lift a dough lump and roll it into a round-shaped ball.
Coat it with the dry flour.
Flatten it into a diameter of 6 to 7 inches.
Spread some oil over it evenly.
Spread some stuffing over it evenly.
Fold it into a square-shaped Poori and spread some oil over it.
Coat it with the dry flour and toss the extra flour.
Press it using your fingers from all the corners.
Flatten it using a rolling pin into a square-shaped Poori.
Grease the griddle with oil and place a paratha over it.
Let it roast from the bottom.
Cook until light colour spots appear on it.
Spread some oil over it and place a Paratha over it for cooking it.
Flip and press until it is golden.
After cooking it rightly golden, place it on the plate and cook the rest of Parathas likewise.
- Cabbage - 300 gms
- Wheat flour - 2 cups (300 gms)
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Green Coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - less than 1 tsp
- For the dough
- - Take 2 cups of wheat flour and add ½ tsp of salt in it.
- - Add 2 tsp of Oil in it and mix them.
- - Add 1 cup of water in intervals and knead the soft dough for parathas.
- - Cover and set it for 15-20 minutes.
- For the stuffing
- - Take 300 gms of cabbage, remove its upper 3-4 leaves and separate the rest of them individually.
- - Add salt in the lukewarm water in a vessel.
- - Dip the cabbage leaves in it for 10 minutes.
- - Drain them out and wash with fresh water in a strainer so that the extra water moves out of it.
- - Keep them in a basket and dry them until water disappears.
- - Make a bunch of some leaves and chop them finely.
- - Preheat 2 tsp of Oil in a pan, add 2 tsp of cumin seeds in it and roast on the low flame.
- - Saute ½ tsp of Ginger paste, 2 finely chopped Green chillies, ½ tsp of coriander powder, ¼ tsp of Red chilli powder in it.
- - Add chopped cabbage in the roasted spices, ½ tsp of salt, stir and cook them for 2 minutes.
- - Add 2 to 3 tbsp of finely chopped coriander and cook it while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- - The stuffing is ready and has cooked.
- For the paratha
- - After, 20 minutes mash the dough slightly and preheat the pan or parathas. ‘
- - Take a dough lump and roll it to make a round ball.
- - Roll it in the dry flour and flatten it to the diameter of 6 to 7 inches.
- - Spared some Oil in it and spread it evenly.
- - Place the stuffing over it and spread it thinly.
- - Fold it in a square shape from all the sides and spared some Oil over it.
- - Roll it in the dry flour and toss the extra flour.
- - Press it using your fingers from all the corners.
- - Flatten it using a rolling pin into the shape of a square.
- - Spread some oil on the pan and place paratha over it to fry.
- - Let it roast from the bottom and flip it later on.
- - Cook it until light colour spots appear on it.
- - Adds some Oil in it and spread it.
- - Flip and fry by pressing them until they are golden.
- - Remove it and place on the mini bowl over a plate.
- - Prepare all the parathas in the same way and serve.