Aflatoon Barfi is a variety of sweet which is very famous in many parts of Bombay. It is made up of different kinds of milk products and has a mouth-melting texture.
Here is a step by step recipe to make Aflatoon sweet along with pictures. This recipe will help you to make it perfect that too easily.
Melt a ½ cup of clarified butter in a pan.
Roast a ½ cup of semolina medium flame until brown for 5 mins.
Add a ½ cup of sugar to it along with a cup of milk powder and roast it on low-medium flame.
Roast 8 to 10 chopped Cashews, 8 to 10 chopped Almonds for 10 minutes.
Add a cup of crumbled Mawa to it.
Add a cup of full cream milk to it.
Roast on low to medium flame.
Add a tsp of green cardamom powder to it and cook until it reaches to its thicker consistency for 15 minutes.
Turn off the flame and set it.
Take a tray and grease it with clarified butter to it.
Spread the cooked mixture over it evenly.
Garnish it with finely chopped pistachios, finely chopped cashews and finely chopped almonds.
Press them to fix it inside it.
Leave it aside to set for an hour.
After setting the Aflatoon sweet, cut it into the desired pieces.
Heat the bottom of the tray for 10 to 15 seconds.
Remove pieces with the help of a knife and serve it.
- Take a butter paper to wrap it, take the piece, place it and warp it.
- You can eat this Sweet by storing it outside the refrigerator in a container for 15 days.
- You can use any variety of Semolina for Aflatun Sweet.
- You can use Condensed Milk instead of Milk Powder. You can add 300 gms of Condensed milk in it from which you will get 150 gms of Milk solid and 100 gms of Sugar.
- Mawa - 1 cup (250 grams)
- Semolina - ½ cup heaped (heaped) 100 grams
- Ghee - ½ cup (100 gms)
- Milk Powder - less than 1 cup (100 gms)
- Sugar - ½ cup heaped (125 gms)
- Green Cardamoms Powder - ½ tsp
- Pistachios - 10 to 15 (finely chopped)
- Cashews - 10 to 12 (finely chopped)
- Almonds - 10 to 12 (finely chopped)
- Full Cream Milk - 1 cup
- - Melt ½ cup of Clarified Butter, add a ½ cup of Semolina and roast on the medium flame until light brown.
- - Roast while continuously stirring it for 5 minutes.
- - Add ½ cup of sugar along with 1 cup of Milk powder and roast while continuously stirring it until Golden Brown.
- - Keep the flame on Low - Medium
- - Sugar is caramelizing in it and turning to a dark colour.
- - Add 8 to 10 chopped Cashews, 8 to 10 chopped Almonds and roast for 10 minutes on the low flame.
- - Add 1 cup of the crumbled Mawa along with 1 cup of Full Cream Milk.
- - Roast while continuously stirring it on the Low - Medium flame.
- - Add 1 tsp of Green Cardamoms Powder and cook while continuously stirring it until it reaches to the thicker consistency.
- - The mixture appears thick because it has reached the thicker consistency. Clarified Butter is separating from it
- - We cooked it while continuously stirring it on the low medium flame for 15 minutes.
- - Turn off the flame and set it
- - Take a tray for it, add some Clarified butter on it and spread the mixture evenly.
- - Garnish with finely chopped Pistachios, finely chopped Cashews, finely chopped Almonds.
- - Press them to fix using a Spatula and leave it to set for an hour in the open air.
- - Aflatun has set so we will cut it into the pieces.
- - Heat the tray slightly for 10 to 15 seconds to remove the pieces.
- - Aflatun Pieces are usually rectangular shaped and sometimes longer too.
- - Remove the pieces and serve.
- - Take a butter paper to wrap it, take the piece, place it and warp it.
- - You can eat this Sweet by storing it outside the refrigerator in a container for 15 days.
- - You can use any variety of Semolina for Aflatun Sweet.
- - You can use Condensed Milk instead of Milk Powder. You can add 300 gms of Condensed milk in it from which you will get 150 gms of Milk solid and 100 gms of Sugar.