American Chop Suey Vegetarian Recipe is a super scrumptious and lip smacking recipe which is a great hit among kids. So, we are sharing a simple and quite famous recipe of American Chopsuey with you all. American chopsuey is a lip smacking preparation of crispy noodles and served with a zingy, tangy sauce of few veggies and spices. This can be served as one-pot meal and trust me it keeps one full for longer.
This preparation of American Chopsuey with a combination of crispy noodles and vegetable sauce is liked by all, especially kids. This recipe of American chopsuey is a really savory. So, this step-by-step instruction of American chopsuey is my version of the authentic recipe. Enjoy!
Mix 2 to 3 tbsp water in corn flour to make a smooth batter.
Take 3 to 4 cups of water in any vessel and place it for flame for heating. When water starts simmering, add 1 to 1.5 tsp oil and ½ tsp salt into it. After this break the noodles and place them in boiling water and cook until they little soft. Within 5 to 6 minutes, noodles turn soft and are ready to be used.
Now the noodle are cooked aptly. Strain the noodles through a sieve. Wash them with some cold water. Boiled noodles are ready. When the noodles cools down, add 1 to 1.5 tsp corn flour in to it and mix well.
Then heat enough oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, place the noodles in circular into the oil. When fried from one side, turn the side and fry from the other side as well until crispy.
Drain out the fried noodles on a plate covered with kitchen paper towels and likewise fry rest of the noodles as well.
Leave 2 tbsp oil in the same wok and remove out the rest. Now to it add the following vegetable carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage and sprouted moong dal to prepare the sauce. Stir the vegetables constantly and sauté on high flame for 2 minutes until they get crispy.
Now add 1 cup water, soya sauce, chilly sauce, tomato sauce, salt and let it simmer. Also add finely chop sweet basil leaves. Add vinegar to and mix really well. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes on low flame.
Veggies are cooked aptly. Sauce is now ready. Turn off the flame and transfer the sauce in another bowl.
Take one round of fried noodles and place it over a plate. Pour the sauce over it and serve this super delicious and delectable American vegetarian chop suey steaming hot. You’ll definitely relish this crispy noodles and spicy sauce.
- For making vegetable sauce, you can use any other vegetable as per your preference like cauliflower, baby corn, mushrooms and so on. Chilly sauce can be increased or decreased as per your taste.
- For 3 to 4 members
- Time – 45 minutes
- Noodles – 100 grams
- Corn flour- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Capsicum – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- French beans – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Oil – for frying
- Cabbage – ½ cup
- Sprouted moong dal – less than ½ cp
- Tomato sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chilly sauce – ½ tsp
- Sweet Tulsi – 5 to 6 sprigs
- Mix 2 to 3 tbsp water in corn flour to make a smooth batter.
- Place the noodles in boiling water and cook until they little soft.
- Now strain the noodles through a sieve.
- Wash them with some cold water. Boiled noodles are ready. Then add 1 to 1.5 tsp corn flour in to it and mix well.
- Then heat enough oil in a pan. Fry the noodles until crispy.
- Drain out the fried noodles on a plate covered with kitchen paper towels.
- Leave 2 tbsp oil in the same wok, add the following vegetable carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage and sprouted moong dal to prepare the sauce.
- Now add 1 cup water, soya sauce, chilly sauce, tomato sauce, salt, vinegar and sweet basil leaves. Let it simmer.
- Turn off the flame and Transfer the sauce in another bowl.
- Take one round of fried noodles and place it over a plate. Pour the sauce over it and serve.
Show Comments (0)