Zucchini stir fry recipe is an easy recipe of delicious zucchini. Zucchini tastes somewhat like pumpkin. Stir fried zucchini is prepared with zucchini, oil, green coriander and few Indian aromatic spices. It tastes super delicious and it takes almost no time to prepare.
You can serve this delicious stir fried zucchini to your guests. They will ask for more and more! It is served along chapatti parantha or rice. You can serve it as a side assortment or main course. So, definitely try out making zucchini stir fry with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Wash the zucchini thoroughly with water. Drain out the excess water water and allow them to dry out completely. After that, cut off its stalk from both the sides and chop it into 1-1.5 inch long pieces.
Place a wok on flame and pour the oil into it. Once the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds and asafoetida into it. After the seed starts spluttering, add turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chilies and coriander powder. Saute the spices for a while.
Now add zucchini chunks into the masala followed by red chilly powder, salt and black pepper powder. Keep stirring continuously for 2 minutes to mix all the ingredients until each chunk gets nicely coated into the masala.
Cover the wok and cook the zucchini for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Check later. After 4 minutes, take off the lid and stir the sabzi. There is no need to add water as the zucchini has its own juice. Again cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Check later and repeat this process one more time.
Now the zucchini have turned tender. Add dry mango powder and chopped green coriander into it. Mix it really well. Let the zucchini cook for another 1 minute without covering on high flame.
Zucchini sabzi is now ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a serving bowl.
Serve this mouth-watering and tantalizing zucchini sabzi steaming hot as a side assortment along with chapatti, parantha or rice. Enjoy!
- For 4-5 members
- Time – 20 minutes
- Zucchini – 3 (medium sized) (500 grams)
- Refined oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp paste or 1 inch baton grated
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Red chilly powder – 2 pinch
- Dry mango powder - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp (10-12 peppers freshly crushed)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp or to taste
- Chop zucchini into 1-1.5 inch long pieces.
- Heat a pan with some oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chilies, coriander powder, zucchini chunks, red chilly powder, salt and black pepper powder. Mix everything really well.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low flame. Keep checking in-between. Then add dry mango powder and chopped green coriander and mix it well.
- Zucchini sabzi is now ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Serve this mouth-watering and tantalizing zucchini sabzi steaming hot as a side assortment along with chapatti, parantha or rice. Enjoy!