Navratan pulao is a one-pot meal. You must have had navratan pulao in restaurants but this time try preparing by yourself at home. It is very easy to prepare with basmati rice, green peas, cauliflower, paneer, potato, carrots, dry fruits and few Indian aromatic spices. Ghee not only gives it a mouth-drooling aroma but also enhances its taste.
You can prepare it for your guests at any get-together. Your friends and family can never have enough of this pulao. Even your kids will keep asking for more and more. Navratan pulao is rich in taste and keeps your tummy full for long hours. So, definitely try out making navratan pulao with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Rinse the basmati rice thoroughly with water. Drain out excess water from it. Soak the rice for ½ an hour. After that, remove the water. Take a microwave safe bowl and add rice into it along with little less than 2 cups of water and 1 tsp ghee. Place it inside the microwave and cook the rice for 10 minutes. When 10 minutes gets over, take the bowl out. Rice is not cooked aptly.
Thoroughly rinse the potato with water. Drain out the excess water from it. Allow it to dry out completely. Peel the potato skin and chop it into small chunks.
Place a wok on flame and add ghee to it. Let the ghee melt completely. After that, add cashews into it and fry it until it turns golden brown in colour. Once it turns golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
Add almonds into the ghee and roast it for 1-2 minutes as well. Once it gets golden brown, transfer it to the same plate.
After that, add paneer chunks into the hot ghee. Fry the paneer chunks until they turn golden brown in colour. Once it gets fried aptly, transfer it to another plate.
Add green peas to the wok and fry it as well. Cover and cook the peas for a minute. Once they are partially cooked, take it out on the same plate with paneer.
Fry the potatoes chunks as well. Drop them into the ghee and fry till they get golden brown. When they get fried aptly, transfer them into the same plate with paneer and green peas.
After that, add chopped carrots and chopped cauliflower into the wok. Fry them until they turn golden brown and crunchy. Don’t fry them too much. Transfer them with the fried veggies.
Add cumin seeds into the left ghee. Once the cumin seeds gets roasted, add coarsely ground whole spices (peel the brown cardamom and crush it into coarse powder in a mortar pestle along with the other whole spices). Roast the spices as well.
After the spice gets roasted aptly, add boiled basmati rice to it. Mix it really well. Add salt, lemon juice, all the roasted veggies and dry fruits and raisins. Cook the pulao until all the ingredients mixes well.
Everything is mixed well. Navratan pulao is now ready. Turn off the flame. Transfer the pulao into a serving plate.
Serve this delicious and mouth-watering navratan pulao steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Paneer – ½ cup (small chunks)
- Cauliflower – ½ cup
- Potato – 1
- Carrots – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
- Cashews – 2-3 tbsp
- Almonds – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Whole spices – brown cardamom – 2, cinnamon stick – 1 inch, cloves – 4-5, black peppercorns – 10-12
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Boil the basmati rice along with 2 cups of water and 1 tsp of ghee.
- Peel the potato skin and chop it into small chunks.
- Separately fry cashews, almonds, paneer, green peas, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower in ghee and transfer it to a plate.
- Add cumin seeds into the left ghee along with coarsely ground whole spices and saute.
- Now add boiled basmati rice, salt, lemon juice, roasted veggies and dry fruits and raisins. Cook the pulao until all the ingredients mixes well. Turn off the flame. Transfer the pulao into a serving plate.
- Serve this delicious and mouth-watering navratan pulao steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!