Raj kachori is a tangy-zingy spicy chaat filled with yummy condiments. The refreshing and various flavors stuffed in the kachoris make it a good and unique food experience. It is crispy from outside and soft from inside with soft pakodis, curd covered aloo bhujiya, namkeen, sweet chutney and so on.
This Rajasthani shahi raj kachori chaat recipe can be served as an evening snack or whenever you want to something zingy and spicy food. Two of these stuffed raj kachoris are more than enough for you. These raj kachoris make a beautiful presentation and are thoroughly enjoyed by everyone at my place. So, here you have simple to follow step-by-step instructions for sumptuous raj kachori. Enjoy!
Sieve refined flour in a bowl.
Take semolina and refined flour in a mixing bowl and add some salt to it. Mix the ingredients well. Add water in small portions and knead the flour into soft dough as required for making pooris.
Divide the dough into small lumps and roll it with hands into a round ball. With this much of dough, 15 small balls can be prepared. Now keep this ball on a rolling board and roll it into a flat disc of 3 inch diameter. Roll it in such a way that it doesn’t remain thin at the centre and roll it equally from all the sides.
Heat enough oil in a pan or a wok to deep fry the kachoris. Oil should be hot enough for frying kachoris. To check, drop a pinch of dough into the oil and it should start frying instantly. Gently slide this rolled kachori to the hot oil and fry.
Press the kachori so it rises well and gets puffy. Flip its side and keep the flame on medium. Fry till it turns brown in color from all the sides and becomes crisp. It can take 4-5 minutes to fry a raj kachori.
Lift the kachori with the slotted ladle and hold against the wok to drain excess oil. Take out the kachori on kitchen paper towel. Prepare more kachoris in the same manner. Let the kachoris cool down for 2-3 hours so that it becomes crisp.
Kachoris are ready to serve. Keep the kachori on a plate. Break the kachori from the center from the side which is thin to put 2 dahi pakodi, 4-5 pieces of potatoes, 2 spoon boiled moong, curd, salt, cumin powder, black salt and red chili powder.
Further add green chutney, sweet chutney, sev bhujiya and pomegranate seeds. Again add curd sweet chutney, cumin powder, black salt and red chili powder into the kachori. Serve this super yummy and scrumptious raj kachori and relish eating.
- You can substitute and reduce or increase the quantity of the ingredients while stuffing as per your taste. If you do not have papdi, then you can use the kachoris which did not rise while frying. Break them into small pieces and stuff them inside the kachoris.
- You can also use boiled peas, instead of chana while stuffing.
- You can prepare gol-gappa with the dough prepared to make kachori. (Pani Puri – Gol Gappa). Mix jal jeera powder into the water to prepare gol-gappa water.
- Sooji - 200 grams (2 cup)
- Maida (all purpose flour) - 2 table spoon.
- Salt - ½ tea spoon. (According to the taste)
- Oil - to fry
- Potato - 2-3 (boiled) (chopped)
- Moong or chana - ½ cup (boiled)
- Small Papdi made of maida - 20
- Dahi pakodi - 10
- Curd - 400 grams (2 cup) (Whisked)
- Cumin seeds - 2 tea spoon (roast and grind)
- Black pepper - 1 tea spoon
- Red chili powder - 1 tea spoon
- Sweet chutney - ½ cup
- Green chutney - ½ cup
- Sev bhujiya - ½ cup
- Pomegranate - ½ cup (peeled)
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, take semolina and refined flour. To it then add some salt and 1 tbsp oil. Mix well.
- Now add water in small parts and knead stiff and tight dough for making the pooris. Cover and keep aside for half and hour to rest.
- Heat enough oil in a wok or pan to deep fry the kachoris.
- Knead the dough again after half an hour and make small lumps from the dough. Take one lump at a time and roll into round shape. Then roll out to a 3 inch round poori.
- Slide the rolled kachori to the hot oil. Press the kachori with a ladle to puff it up and then reduce the flame to minimum and fry the kachoris until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain out the fried kachori on paper kitchen towels and likewise fry the rest. Let the kachoris cool down.
- Kachoris are ready, let’s stuff them up.
- Break the kachoris from the center on the thinner side and place it in a plate. Place 4 to 5 potato chunks, 1 tsp boiled moong dal, 2 dahi pakodi, 2 to 3 curd coated papdis, roasted cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilly powder, sweet chutney, curd, green chutney, sev bhujiya, pomegranate seeds.
- Again sprinkle some cumin seeds powder, red chilly powder, coriander leaves, curd and chutney.
- Sumptuous and lip smacking raj kachori is ready. Serve and relish eating!