Makka ki masala poori is a great and wonderful deep fried Indian bread which can be served with almost any sabzi. It is very popular bread as everyone loves eating them. Pooris are usually prepared with wheat flour or refined flour and deep fried till golden brown and crispy. But today we have a recipe of poori prepared with cornmeal or maize flour for you all. Everyone at your home will love eating this poori.
These pooris prepared with maize flour are rolled out little thick and deep fried till golden brown in color. You can make these pooris on any special occasion or whenever you have guests coming to your place or for breakfast. Everyone will just go wow! We have mixed wheat flour to the maize flour and it gets easier to roll out the pooris. Serve these lip smacking and crispy cornmeal pooris with raita, pickle and any sabzi or curry you relish eating the most. So, try this easy to follow recipe with step-by-step instructions and we are sure you will love having these pooris. Enjoy!
Take maize flour in a big mixing bowl and add wheat flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp carom seeds and 2 tsp oil into it. Mix everything nicely. Now add water in small portions and knead stiff and tight dough, same as required for making regular pooris. Cover the dough and keep aside for 20 to 25 minutes to rest.
After 25 minutes, grease your hands with oil and knead the dough again. Then divide the dough into small lumps. Lift one lump, grease your hands with some oil and roll it into round shape. Lift one dough ball and place it on a rolling board. Roll out little thick puri.
Heat some oil in a wok or pan. Gently slide the rolled poori in the hot oil.
Press the poori with a ladle to puff it up. Flip the side when roasted from beneath and continue frying until golden brown in color from both sides.
Drain out the fried pooris on paper kitchen towels to drain excess oil. Similarly fry the rest. Maize flour pooris are ready.
Serve this super delicious and mouth drooling maize flour puri piping hot with any sabzi. You will relish eating the most with side accompaniment of pickle and raita.
- Roll these puris little thick.
- Oil should be hot enough while deep frying the puris. This way puris will puff up nicely.
- For 12 puris
- Time- 30 minutes
- Maize flour – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Wheat flour – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Carom seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Oil – for frying
- Take maize flour and add wheat flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp carom seeds, 2 tsp oil into it and water in small portions and knead stiff and tight dough,
- Divide the dough and roll each ball into poori.
- Heat some oil in a wok and slide the rolled poori into it. Frying until golden brown in color from both sides.
- Drain out the fried pooris on paper kitchen towels.
- Serve this super delicious and mouth drooling maize flour puri piping hot with any sabzi. You will relish eating the most with side accompaniment of pickle and raita.
Show Comments (1)