Methi Paratha is a recipe of Indian bread which is tastier and softer to eat. Serving it along with curd, pickle or curry makes it scrumptious to eat.
Here is a step by step recipe along with pictures to make Methi Paratha also known as fenugreek Paratha. This recipe will help you to make it easily and perfectly.
Preheat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
Roast a ½ tsp of cumin seed and a ½ pinch of asafoetida to it.
Roast a ½ tsp of ginger paste and 2 finely chopped green chillies to it.
Add a finely chopped and deseed tomato to it.
Roast on medium flame until it becomes tender.
Roast a ½ tsp of coriander powder, a ½ tsp of red chilli powder, a ⅛ tsp of turmeric powder to it.
Add 2 cups of finely chopped fenugreek leaves, a ¾ tsp of salt to it and cook for 2 minutes.
Knead the soft dough from 2 cups of wheat flour in a bowl while adding some water to it.
After kneading the dough, cover and keep it aside to set for 15 to 20 minutes.
Mash the dough after 20 minutes after applying some clarified butter on your palms.
Take a dough lump, roll it and coat it with dry flour.
Flatten it into the diameter of 3 to 4 inches, spread some clarified butter and spread it evenly.
Lift it and close it from all the corners, coat it with the dry flour and flatten it into the diameter of 5 to 6 inches with less pressure.
Spread some clarified butter on it evenly.
Add a Paratha on it for cooking it.
Flip after cooking it from the bottom.
Leave it to cook from another side until spots appear.
Press and cook paratha from both sides until brown spots appear.
There are golden spots on both sides, remove it from the pan.
Cook all the Parathas likewise and serve them after crushing slightly.
- You can serve them with Curd, Dip, Pickle or any curry you desire
- If you are serving Parathas directly in the plate then, crush it before serving like this
- If you like Onion and Garlic then, add 3 to 4 cloves of Garlic and 1 finely chopped onion and add after roasting the Cumin seeds.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder according to your choice.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups (300 gms)
- Fenugreek Leaves - 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1 (finely chopped)
- Ghee - 3 to 4 tbsp (50 gms)
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida - ½ pinch
- Turmeric Powder - ⅛ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander Powder - ½ tsp
- Ginger Paste - ½ inch (grated)
- Green Chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Salt - ¾ tsp
- - Preheat the pan, add 2 tsp of Oil and heat it.
- - Add tsp of Cumin Seeds, ½ pinch of Asafoetida and saute them.
- - Add ½ tsp of Ginger paste, 2 finely chopped Green chillies and saute them.
- - Add 1 finely chopped and deseed Tomato and roast them until tomatoes fry properly on the medium flame.
- - Add ½ tsp of Coriander Powder, ¼ tsp of Red Chilli Powder, ⅛ tsp of Turmeric powder and saute them.
- - Tomatoes has mashed properly and cooked.
- - Add 2 cups of finely chopped Fenugreek leaves, ¾ tsp of Salt, stir an cook fenugreek leaves for 2 minutes.
- - Fenugreek has cooked so switch off the flame.
- - Take 2 cups of Wheat and add water to knead the dough as soft as regular paratha's dough.
- - Cover and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
- - After 20 minutes, the diugh has set.
- - Apply some clarified butter on your palms to grease them, mash the dough to make it smooth.
- - The dough is ready, let us make the Paratha. Take a dough lump, make a round loi and coat it with dry flour.
- - Flatten it into the diameter of 3 to 4 inches, spread some clarified butter and spread it evenly.
- - Lift it and close it from all the corners, Coat it with the dry flour, Flatten it into the diameter of 5 to 6 inches with less pressure.
- - Flatten it from the corners and evenly.
- - The pan has heated so add some clarified butter on it, spread it evenly.
- - Add the paratha to fry, let it fry from the bottom. Flip it as it has cooked from the bottom
- - Leave it to cook form another side until spots appears. Spread some clarified butter over it
- - Flip it, spread some clarified butter on this side too.
- - Press and cook paratha from both the sides until brown spots appear.
- - There are golden spots on both the sides, we iwll remove it from the pan.
- - Cook all the Parathas likwise and serve them after crushing slightly.
- - You can serve them with Curd, Dip, Pickle or any curry you desire
- - If you are serving Parathas directly in the plate then, crush it before serving like this