Gajar Ka halwa is a most preferred dessert of Indians during the season of winter. It is tastier to eat and has a mouth-melting texture. It melts in the mouth with its every bite.
Here is a step by step recipe to make Gajar Ka Halwa along with pictures. This recipe will help you to make it efficiently without utilizing milk in it.
Peel and grate a kg of carrot.
Melt 2 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter in a wok.
Add the grated carrot to it.
Cover and cook on medium-low flame.
Chop cashews and almonds.
Grind 7 green cardamoms coarsely ground.
After 5 minutes, stir the carrots.
Cover and cook for 5 minutes from low to medium flame.
Add a tin of condensed milk to it.
Turn the flame to medium.
Stir and cook for a while.
Add the chopped almonds, raisins and coarsely ground green cardamoms to it.
Carrot Halwa or Pudding will be cooked if there will be a pleasant smell in the atmosphere.
The carrot pudding is ready to be served, garnish it with some almonds and cashews.
- Store halwa in the refrigerator and consume it for 7 days.
- There is no need to add sugar separately in the halwa.
- Continuously stir it so that it doesn’t burn from the bottom of the wok.
- Grated Carrot - 1 kg
- Condensed Milk - 1 tin (400 gms)
- Cashew Nuts - 10 to 12
- Almonds - 10 to 12
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Green Cardamoms - 7
- - Peel, grate 1 kg of Carrot.
- - Add 3 to 4 tbsp of Ghee in a wok and melt it.
- - Add the grated carrot in the melted Ghee and cook while covering on the medium-low flame.
- - Chop Cashews, Almonds and peel Green Cardamoms to grind coarsely ground.
- - After 5 minutes, stir carrots and cook while covering for 5 minutes on the low-medium flame.
- - Stir the carrot and make sure that it doesn't burn from the bottom.
- - Carrot has cooked, we will add 1 tin of condensed milk in it.
- - Turn the flame to medium from low.
- - Stir and cook it for some time.
- - Add the chopped almonds, raisins, Green Cardamoms and mix them properly.
- - Carrot halwa is ready as there is the pleasant smell in the atmosphere.
- - Turn off the flame and pour the halwa in the bowl.
- - It is ready to be served, garnish it with some almonds and cashews.
- - Store halwa in the refrigerator and consume it for 7 days.