It is a raw pickle of turmeric, ginger and chilli. It can be consumed instantly or after a few days. As it will age, its taste will also enhance.
Here is a step by step recipe to make turmeric ginger chilli pickle along with pictures. This recipe will help you to make the pickle easily and perfect.
Wash and dry 200 grams of turmeric as well as 100 grams of ginger.
Peel and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
Chop 10 green chillies into 4 equal-sized pieces.
Preheat a pan and dry roast 4 tsp of fennel seeds, 1 tsp of black pepper on a medium flame for a minute.
Grind the spices coarsely ground.
Preheat a pan, add a ¾ cup of mustard oil to it.
Add the chopped ginger, turmeric, green chillies and a pinch of asafoetida in it.
Add 2 tsp of salt, 4 tsp of coarsely ground yellow mustard seeds to it.
Add the coarsely ground spices to it.
Add the juice of 2 lemons.
Pour it in a separate bowl and the ginger turmeric pickle is ready to be served.
- You can add 2-3 tbsp of vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- If you want to store pickle for the longer period then, add vinegar in it or dip it in oil properly.
- Raw Turmeric - 200 gms
- Ginger - 100 gms
- Lemons - 2
- Green Chillies - 10
- Mustard Oil - ⅓ cup (75 gms)
- Black Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Black Pepper - 1 Tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds - 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds - 4 tsp
- Yellow Mustard Seeds - 4 tsp (coarsely ground)
- Salt - 2 Tsp
- - Take 200 grams of raw turmeric and 100 grams of ginger. Wash and dry them.
- - Peel the raw turmeric and ginger and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- - Next, chop the green chillies into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- - Now, preheat a pan. Once heated, add 4 teaspoons of fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and dry roast them on a medium flame for 1 minute while stirring them continuously.
- - Grind the roasted spices in the grinder till they are coarsely ground.
- - Next, heat a pan and0- add ¾th cup of mustard oil.
- - In this heated oil, add 1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds and roast them.
- - Add the chopped ginger, turmeric, green chillies and a pinch of asafoetida in it.
- - Add 2 teaspoons of salt, 4 teaspoons of coarsely ground yellow mustard seeds and the coarsely grounded spices.
- Mix them well while stirring continuously.
- To this, add the juice of 2 lemons and mix well.
- Pour this into a separate bowl.
- The Ginger Tumeric Pickle is now ready to be served.