Parathas are most loved breakfast of Indians but, most famous in northern parts of India. Serving it along with curd or any desired dip makes it more scrumptious.
Here is a step by step recipe to make Aloo Gobi spicy Paratha along with pictures to make it perfect. It is easier to make and this recipe will help you to make it easier.
Take 2 cups of wheat flour in a bowl.
Add a tsp of oil, a ½ tsp of salt to it.
Add a cup of water and knead its stiff dough.
After kneading the dough, cover and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
Preheat a tsp of oil in a pan.
Add a ¼ tsp of carom seeds and 2 finely chopped deseed green chillies to it.
Add a ½ tsp of ginger paste, 1 tsp of coriander powder and saute them on a low flame.
Add 1 cup of grated cauliflower, a little over ½ tsp of salt, red chilli powder, ¼ tsp of garam masala, ¼ mango powder and roast them on a high flame while stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
Boil, peel and mash potatoes before adding it to the spices. Add the mashed potatoes and roast for 2 to 3 minutes.
Cool the stuffing on a plate.
The dough has rested for 20 minutes. Mash the dough for a while to smoothen its texture.
Roll the dough lump between your palms and cover it with dry flour.
Preheat a griddle.
Flatten the dough lump into a diameter of 3 to 4 inches.
Grease it with oil.
Place some stuffing over it.
Press it using your fingers to spread the stuffing evenly.
Coat it with the dry flour.
Toss to remove extra flour and flatten it thickly.
Grease the heated griddle.
Place a Paratha to cook over it and let it roast from the bottom.
Cook it until dark spots appear over it.
Flip the Paratha and spread some oil over it.
After cooking the paratha, remove it from the griddle and serve it.
From the prepared quantity of dough, you can make 5 to 6 parathas.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups (300 grams)
- Cauliflower - 1 cup (grated)
- Potatoes - 1 cup (mashed)
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Green Coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder - ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala - ¼ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder - ¼ tsp
- Carom Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - little over 1 tsp (or to taste)
- - Take 2 cups of wheat flour in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and ½ teaspoon of salt to it.
- - Mix them well and add 1 cup of water to knead the dough.
- - Knead the dough till it is neither too soft nor too stiff.
- - After the dough has been kneaded, cover and leave it aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- - Preheat a pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil in it.
- - Add ¼ teaspoon of carom seeds and 2 finely chopped and deseeded green chilis in the heated oil and saute them.
- - Add ½ teaspoon of ginger paste, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder and saute them on a low flame.
- - Add 1 cup of grated cauliflower, a little over ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of red chili powder, ¼ teaspoon of garam masala, ¼ teaspoon of mango powder and roast them on a high flame while stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- - Boil, peel and mash potatoes before adding it to the spices.
- - Add the mashed potatoes together with green coriander and roast them for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- - Take this stuffing out on a plate to cool. The dough has rested for 20 minutes as well.
- - Take a little bit of oil on your palms and mash the dough slightly to smoothen it.
- - Take a lump from the dough, roll it into a ball with your palms and cover it dry flour.
- - Preheat a tawa and flatten the dough lump so that it has a diameter of about 3 to 4 inches.
- - Add few drops of oil and spread it evenly. Now place some of the stuffing on it.
- - Lift the dough from the edges and seal the stuffing. Press using your fingers to ensure the stuffing has evenly spread.
- - Coat it with dry flour again. Toss to remove excess flour and flatten it from all sides.
- - On the heated tawa, add some oil.
- - Place paratha on the tawa to cook and leave it till has roasted from the bottom.
- - If it appears slightly dark on the top, it means the bottom has been roasted.
- - Cook the paratha till light spots start appearing on the upper side.
- - Once it has roasted from the upper side, add some oil on it and spread it evenly.
- - Flip the paratha and spread some oil on the surface evenly. Cook it by pressing it until light spots appear.
- - The paratha has fluffed. Remove it from the tawa and prepare the rest in a similar manner.
- - Aloo Gobhi Stuffed Parathas are ready to be served.
- - You can serve the paratha with curd, dip, pickle or any desired curry.
- - From this dough, you can make 5 to 6 parathas.