Til Besan Barfi is a sweet which is made up of sesame seeds and Mawa. It has a mouth-melting texture and it is tastier to eat. Its every bite is filled with mouth drooling sweetness and softness of Mawa. You can consume this sweet for 10-12 days while storing it in the refrigerator.
Here is a step by step recipe to make Til Magad Barfi along with pictures to make it perfect. This recipe will surely help you make this scrumptious sweet easily.
Dry roast a ¾ cup of sesame seeds in a pan while continuously stirring it.
Keep them aside to cool down in a plate for a while.
After cooling them, grind it in a mixer.
Melt a ½ cup of clarified butter in a pan.
Add a cup of chickpea flour to it.
Roast while stirring it on medium flame.
Roast until its colour changes or there is a soothing fragrance.
Add a cup of crumbled Mawa to it on low flame.
Cook while continuously stirring it for 10 minutes.
Add 1.25 cups of powdered sugar to it and mix them well.
Add ground sesame seeds to it along with a tsp of green cardamom powder on low flame.
Stir and roast on low flame for a while.
Grease a tray with clarified butter.
Spread the mixture evenly over it.
Garnish it with almond flakes and press them using a spatula.
Place it beneath the fan or at a cool place for an hour to set it.
Cut it into your desired pieces.
Heat the bottom of the tray over a flame for a few seconds.
Separate the pieces from the plate and serve them.
The Til Magad Barfi is ready to be served.
- Do not roast sesame seeds excessively otherwise, they will taste sour.
- Chickpea Flour - 1 cup (110 gms)
- Sesame Seeds - ¾ cup (110 gms)
- Ghee - ½ cup (110 gms)
- Mawa - 1 cup (200 gms)
- Sugar - 1.25 cups (200 gms)
- Almond Flakes - ¼ cup
- Green Cardamom Powder - 1 Tsp
- - Take ¾ cup of sesame seeds in a bowl and dry roast them in a pan while continuously stirring them.
- - The sesame seeds have expanded and their colour has changed because they have roasted.
- - Grind them in a mixer after cooling them.
- - Melt ½ cup of Ghee in a pan and add 1 cup of chickpea flour to it.
- - Cook the chickpea flour while continuously stirring them on the medium flame.
- - Roast until its colour changes and soothing fragrance appears.
- - Add 1 cup of crumbled Mawa to it on the low flame.
- - Cook again while continuously stirring it for 10 minutes.
- - Add 1.25 cups of powdered sugar and mix them properly.
- - Add the ground sesame seeds along with 1 tsp of green cardamom powder to it on the low flame.
- - Stir and roast all the ingredients well on the low flame.
- - Grease a tray using Ghee to set the Barfi.
- - Spread the mixture evenly on the plate.
- - Garnish it with almond flakes and press them using a spatula to insert in it.
- - Place it beneath the fan or at a cool place to set for an hour.
- - Cut the pieces into your desired size.
- - Heat the tray while rotating it over the flame.
- - Separate the pieces and serve them.
- - Store it in an airtight container inside the refrigerator and consume it for 10-12 days.