Millet flour is an ingredient which is filled with large no. of nutrition and protein. Millet is filled with varieties of nutrition which are essential for health. Serving it along with curd, pickle or desired sauce.
Here is a step by step recipe along with pictures to make the pearl millet Debra easily. Debra is a sort of pancake which is filled with nutrition and is a perfect healthy breakfast.
Mix a cup of wheat flour with a cup of millet flour in a bowl.
Add a ½ cup of curd to it and mix well.
Add a ½ tsp of sesame seeds, a ½ tsp of cumin seeds, 2 finely chopped green chillies, a ½ tsp of red chilli powder, a ¼ tsp of turmeric powder to it and mix well.
Add 0.75 tsp of salt and a ½ cup of finely chopped fenugreek leaves to it.
Add lukewarm water in the intervals to knead a soft dough.
After kneading the dough, cover and keep it aside to set for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, grease your palms with clarified butter and mash the dough.
Take a dough lump and roll it between your palms.
Preheat a griddle.
Press the dough lump to flatten it between your palms.
Coat it with the dry flour.
Expand it into a diameter of 4 to 5 inches using a rolling-pin.
Spread clarified butter over the griddle.
Place a Debhra over it for cooking it.
Flip and cook it on medium flame from both sides until spots appear over it.
Spread some clarified butter over it and cook it.
Remove the cooked Debra from the griddle and cook the rest of Debra likewise.
- You can use oil instead of clarified butter.
- Millet Flour - 1 cup (150 gms)
- Wheat Flour - ½ cup (75 gms)
- Curd - ½ cup
- Fenugreek leaves - ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - 0.75 tsp
- - Take 1 cup of millet flour in a bowl, add 1 cup of wheat flour, a ½ cup of curd, 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, a ½teaspoon of cumin seeds, 2 finely chopped green chillies, a ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder, a ¼teaspoon of turmeric powder, a 0.75 teaspoon of salt, a ½ cup of finely chopped fenugreek leaves to it.
- - Mix all the ingredients well.
- - Add lukewarm water to knead its soft dough.
- - Cover and keep it aside to set for 15 minutes.
- - After 15 minutes, apply some Ghee on your palms and mash the dough.
- - Divide a dough lump and roll it between your palms.
- - Preheat the pan.
- - Press the dough lump to flatten it.
- - Coat it with the dry flour and expand it into the diameter of 4-5 inches using a rolling pin.
- - Spread Ghee on the heated pan and place Debra on it to cook.
- - Flip and cook it o the medium flame from both sides till spots appear on it.
- - Spread some ghee over it and cook it.
- - Remove the cooked Debra from the pan and cook the rest of Debras likewise.
- - It is ready to be served.
- - You can serve with curd, pickle or sauce.