Curry of Papad and Boondi is a curry which can be made quickly. It is a recipe which is perfect to make instantly without much varieties of veggies.
Here is a step by step recipe to make Boondi and Papad curry. Its texture is soft and mouth melting. Serving it along with Chapati, Paratha or rice.
Preheat 1 to 1.5 tbsp of oil in a pan.
Chop 2 medium-sized tomatoes finely.
Roast a ½ tsp of cumin seeds on low flame.
Roast a dry red chilli, 2 finely chopped green chillies, a ½ tsp of ginger paste.
Roast the finely chopped tomatoes along with 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
Add 2 tbsp of Boondi to it along with some crushed Papad.
The Masala has roasted because oil is separating from it.
Add 1.5 cups of water to it, more than a 1/2 tsp of salt, finely chopped green coriander and boil the gravy for 3-4 minutes.
The gravy has cooked after 4 minutes.
Add the rest of Boondi and crushed Papad to it.
Pour the curry in a bowl and serve the curry.
Garnish it with finely chopped green coriander.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of red chilli powder according to your taste
- If you like onions then add finely chopped onion after roasting the cumin seeds and roast till it appears light pink.
- You can decide the consistency of gravy according to your choice.
- You can use Boondi which is available in the market.
- Boondi - 1 cup
- Papad - 1
- Tomato - 2 (100 gms)
- Green Coriander Leaves - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
- Dry Red Chilli - 1
- Ginger Paste - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- - Preheat the pan to cook the curry.
- - Add 1 to 1.5 tbsp of oil in it and heat it.
- - Take the 2 medium sized tomatoes and finely chop them.
- - Add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds in the heated oil on the low flame.
- - Add 1 dry red chilli, 2 finely chopped green chilli, ½ teaspoon of ginger paste and saute the spices.
- - Add the finely chopped tomatoes along with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon of red chilli powder and roast the Masala mixture till the tomatoes mash in it.
- - The Masala mixture has roasted. Add 2 tablespoons of Boondi to it along with some crushed Papad.
- - The Masala has roasted becauseoil is separating from it.
- - Add 1.5 cups of water to it, more than ½ teaspoon of salt, finely chopped green coriander and boil the gravy fpr 3-4 minutes.
- - The gravy has cooked after 4 minutes.
- - Add rest of the Boondi and crushed Papad to it.
- - Pour the curry in a bowl and serve the curry.
- - Garnish it with finely chopped green coriander.
- - You can serve it with Paratha, Rice or anything you desire