Idli burger is a snack which is healthy and perfect to serve as breakfast or evening snack. It is easier to make and its texture is perfect to serve guests. It is stuffed with scrumptious stuffing and the texture of idli is soft to eat.
Here is a step by step recipe of Idli burger along with pictures to make it perfect. This recipe will help you to make it easily.
To make Idli
Take a cup of semolina in a bowl and a cup of fresh curd to it.
Add some water to it and mix well.
Add a tsp of salt, some water and blend well for the batter.
Keep the batter aside to set for 15 minutes.
Preheat some water in a vessel and place a stand in it.
Take some mini bowls and grease them with oil.
Fill a 1⁄3rd portion of bowls with the batter.
Turn the flame to low and place the bowls in it carefully.
Steam cook it after covering on high flame for 10 minutes.
The Idlis will be cooked after 10 minutes.
Remove them out of the vessel and wait until they cool down.
Demould them once they have cooled down and separate it from the corners using a knife.
For the stuffing
Boil, peel and mash 3 potatoes finely.
Add 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and preheat it.
Saute a ¼ tsp of mustard seeds, ¼ tsp of cumin seeds, 2 finely chopped deseed green chillies, a ½ tsp of ginger paste in it.
Saute green peas until tender.
Add a ½ tsp of salt to it and cook while covering it for 2 minutes.
The stuffing has cooked after 2 minutes.
Cook it on low-medium flame until tender.
Add 2 tsp of water to it and cook until soft.
Add ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, a tsp of coriander powder and roast them for 30 seconds on low flame.
Add the mashed potatoes, ¼ tsp of red chilli powder, ¼ tsp of mango powder and some finely chopped green coriander to it.
Stir and cook for a minute or two.
After cooking the stuffing, place it on a plate and let it cool down.
For the sandwich
Divide a cooked Idli into two equal halves.
Stuff 2 tsp of stuffing between them.
Cover it with another half.
Preheat some oil in a pan.
Add a ½ tsp of mustard seeds to it.
Place burgers over it and cook from both sides until brown.
- You can use any kind of semolina for it.
- You can decrease the quantity of cup to 1/2 cup according to your taste.
- You can use the batter of lentils and rice too.
- You can decrease the quantity or avoid adding green chillies according to your taste.
- Semolina - 1 cup (180 gms)
- Curd - 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes - 3 (200 gms)
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Green coriander - 1 to 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp, for frying
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Mango powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste - ½ tsp
- To make Idli
- - For the batter, take 1 cup of semolina in a bowl and add 1 cup of fresh curd to it.
- - Add some water and mix it well.
- - Add a ½ teaspoon of salt and mix it well.
- - Add some water and blend the batter well.
- - After 15 minutes, the batter has set.
- - Add a ½ teaspoon of Eno fruit salt and some water to it.
- - Take a vessel, place a stand and preheat some water in it.
- -Take some mini bowl and add grease them with oil.
- - Fill a ⅓rd portion of a bowl with the batter.
- - Turn the flame to low and place the bowl carefully in it.
- - Steam cook it after covering on the high flame for 10 minutes.
- - It was cooked after 10 minutes.
- - Place them out of the vessel and wait until they cool down.
- - Demould them once they have cooled down and separate it from the corners using a knife.
- - Remove all the Idlis from the containers.
- For the stuffing
- - Take 3 boiled potatoes, peel and mash them finely.
- - Preheat a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil to it.
- - Add a ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds, a ¼ teaspoon of cumin seeds, 2 finely chopped deseed green chillies, a ½ teaspoon of ginger paste and saute it.
- - Add green peas and saute it.
- - Add a ½ teaspoon of salt to it and cook while covering it for 2 minutes.
- - Cook them on the low-medium flame to make them soft.
- - After 2 minutes, the stuffing has cooked.
- - Press peas to mash them.
- - Add 2 teaspoon of water to it for making soft.
- - Add a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon of coriander powder, stir and roast them for half a minute on the low flame.
- - Add the mashed potatoes, a ¼ teaspoon of red chilli powder, a ¼ teaspoon of mango powder and some finely chopped green coriander to it.
- - Stir and cook for a minute or two.
- - The stuffing has cooked, take it out in a separate bowl to cool down.
- For the sandwich
- - Divide the cooked idlis into two equal halves.
- - Add 1 to 2 teaspoon of stuffing on it and spread it evenly.
- - Place another half over it for covering it.
- - Prepare all the sandwich likewise.
- - Take a pan and heat it.