Sago pearls and mango dessert is a sweet dish which is served in the season of winters taste scrumptious. It has a mouth melting texture and it does not have any variety of additive.
Here is a step by step recipe to make a dessert of sago pearls and mango. It is delicious to eat and has a perfect combination of softness with sweetness.
Soak a ¾ cup of sago pearls in the water for an hour.
Boil a litre of milk in a vessel and stir it in between the process.
Add the soaked sago pearls to the milk after removing excess water from it.
Stir and cook until the sago pearls become transparent for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, add a ½ cup of freshly grated coconut to it.
Cook it on low flame for 5 minutes more.
After 5 minutes, add a cup of mango pulp to it.
Add a 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder to it and cook until thick.
After cooking it well, remove it from the stove and keep aside to cool down.
Add some mango cubes to it and stir well.
Pour the dessert in a serving bowl and store in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Garnish it with chopped pistachios and mangoes before serving.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
- You can extract pulp from any variety of mango but, filter the mango using a strainer if it has fibres.
- Sago pearls - ¾ cup (125 grams)
- Mango pulp - 1 cup
- Chopped mango - 1
- Fresh coconut (grated) - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Milk - 1 litre
- Pistachios - for garnishing
- Soak a ¾ cup of sago pearls in the water for an hour.
- - Boil a litre of milk in a vessel and stir it in between of process too.
- - Add the soaked sago pearls to it after removing the water from it.
- - Stir and cook it until the sago pearls become transparent.
- - After cooking it for 15 minutes, add a ½ cup freshly grated coconut to it.
- - Cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- - Remove it from the stove after 5 minutes.
- - Extract a cup of mango pulp and add it to the dessert.
- - Add some chopped mangoes to it.
- - Pour the dessert in a serving bowl and serve it.
- - Store it in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving it.
- - Garnish it with chopped pistachios and mangoes before serving it.