Khandvi is a traditional recipe of Rajasthan. Its wide varieties are served within the many parts of Rajasthan. It is easier to make and tastier to eat.
Here is step by step easy recipe to make Khandvi. It is a mixture of so many ingredients and with this recipe, you will learn to make this khandvi easily.
Blend fresh whisked curd, salt, ginger paste and turmeric powder in a blender.
Preheat a pan and cook the mixture while stirring it well.
Spread the cooked mixture on the plates evenly using a spatula.
Keep the plates aside to set for 5 to 6 minutes.
After cooling it, roll it from the edges to make the rolls using a knife.
Preheat a tempering pan along with a tsp of oil.
Roast black mustard seeds, sesame seeds, finely chopped green chilli.
Spread the tempering over the Khandvis.
Garnish them with grated fresh coconut and green coriander.
- Chickpea flour (बेसन ) - ½ cup ( 60 gms)
- Whisked curd (फेंटा हुआ दही ) - ½ cup
- Salt (नमक ) - ½ tsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर ) - less than 1/ tsp
- Ginger paste (अदरक पेस्ट ) - ½ tsp
- Oil (तेल ) - 2 tsp
- Green Coriander (हरा धनिया ) - 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- Fresh Coconut (ताज़ा नारियल) - 1 to 2 tbsp (grated)
- Sesame seeds (तिल ) - 1 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds (काले सरसों के दाने ) - ½ tsp
- Green chili (हरी मिर्च ) - 1
- How to make Khandvi :
- In a blender jar take fresh whisked curd, salt, ginger paste, turmeric powder. Add water blend all ingredients well. Add the leftover water.
- Take a broad pan, Turn on flame. Stir and cook until dense. Turn off flame.
- Take any plate or tray keep it upside down. Put the batter on the edge of it. Spread it thinly over a thali with a spatula. Keep aside for 5 to 6 minutes, Cover and keep rest of the batter.
- Once cool lift the khandvi from the edge with a knife, then roll with fingers. Make all Khandvi rolls likewise.
- For tadka, Heat the tadka pan add oil, once hot add black mustard seeds, sesame seeds. Turn off flame, roast the sesame seeds, add finely chopped green chilli. Pour the tadka over the khandvi. Garnish with freshly grated coconut and green coriander.
- Serving :
- Enjoy Authentic Khandvi as a snack anytime.