Achar Masala is a recipe which helps to make any variety of pickle instantly. It is a premade mixture of spices which can be stored too. In this recipe, we will also explain to you how to make mango pickle.
Here is a step by step easy recipe with pictures to make instant pickle Masala and mango pickle by using it. This recipe will help you to make a perfect pickle of any kind.
For the masala mixture
Dry roast 60 gms of fennel seeds, 5 tbsp of fenugreek seeds, 80 gms of mustard seeds, 1.5 tbsp of black pepper.
Roast while continuously stirring them for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
Grind them coarsely ground in a grinder after cooling them.
Separate the ground spices in a bowl and add 3/4 cup of salt, 45 gms of turmeric powder, 20 gms of coarsely ground red chilli, 4 tbsp of Degi Mirch, 5 gms of asafoetida.
Mix it well with the coarsely ground whole spices and the Masala mixture is ready to be used.
For the bitter gourd pickle
Chop 250 gms of bitter gourd finely.
Store them in a container with a tsp of salt.
After extracting its water, filter the water from it using a strainer.
Preheat the pan to make the pickle, add a ¼ cup of oil to it.
Add the bitter gourd along with 4 tbsp of Masala mixture and mix well.
Add 2 tbsp of vinegar to it and the bitter gourd is ready to be served.
For the mango pickle
Finely chop 200 grams of raw mango.
Preheat a ¼ cup of mustard oil in a pan and add the chopped to it.
Add 2 tbsp of vinegar to it and mix well.
The mango pickle is ready to be served.
- You can use the Masala mixture to make the Achari Curries.
- You can make any kind of pickle by replacing the bitter gourd and mango with anything desirable.
- Salt - ¾ cup (200 gms)
- Fennel Seeds - more than ½ cup (60 gms)
- Fenugreek seeds - 5 tbsp (60 gms)
- Yellow Mustard - ½ cup (80 gms)
- Turmeric powder - 6 tbsp (45 gms)
- Red chilli flakes - 4 tbsp (20 gms) (coarsely ground)
- Red chilli powder (Degi Mirch) - 20 gms
- Black pepper - 1.5 tbsp (10 gms)
- Asafoetida - more than 1 tsp (5 gms)
- For the masala mixture
- - Add 60 gms of fennel seeds, 5 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds, 80 gms mustard seed, a ½ cup of mustard seeds, 1.5 tablespoons of black pepper and dry roast them.
- - Roast the spices while continuously stirring them for 3 to 4 minutes on the medium flame.
- - Remove the spices in a separate plate to cool them quickly.
- - Add them in the grinder jar to grind and grind them coarsely ground.
- - Separate the ground spices in a bowl and add ¾ cup of salt, 45 gms of turmeric powder, 20 gms of coarsely ground red chilli, 4 tablespoons of Degi Mirch, 5 gms of asafoetida.
- - Mix it well with the coarsely ground whole spices.
- - The Masala mixture of pickle is ready.
- For the bitter gourd pickle
- - Take 250 gms of bitter gourd after chopping it finely.
- - Store them in an container along with a teaspoon of salt.
- - After extracting its water, filter the water from it using a strainer.
- - Preheat the pan to make the pickle, add ¼ cup of oil to it.
- - Add the bitter gourd in it and 4 tablespoons of Masala mixture to it.
- - Stir to mix it and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to it.
- - Stir and mix well. The pickle of bitter gourd is ready to be served.
- For the mango pickle
- - Take 200 gms of mango and finely chop them.
- - Preheat ¼ cup of oil in a pan and add the chopped mangoes in the heated oil.
- - Add 4 tablespoons of Masala mixture and mix well.
- - Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to it and mix well.
- - The mango pickle is ready to be served.
- - Store the Masala mixture in an airtight container and consume for 6-7 months,