Lauki Laccha is a sweet which is made up of a vegetable called bottle gourd. Bottle gourd is a healthy vegetable but, it isn’t too famous among the kids. To make it favourable for the kid, you should try this recipe as it will help you to make it desirable for the kids.
Here is a step by step easy recipe with pictures to make Lauki Laccha. Its texture and taste are perfect to attract the kids and it can be consumed during the days of fasting. It can be stored for approximately 15 days and this recipe will surely help you to make it efficiently.
Wash and dry a kg of bottle gourd.
Peel it horizontally using a julienne peeler.
Lift the peels individually and place it on a tray.
Wash the peels in a bowl of water.
Tie them together with a thread.
Add a cup of sugar in a broader wok.
Add a 1/3 cup of water to it and cook till the sugar dissolves in it.
After dissolving the sugar, add the peels to it for cooking them.
Let it cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
Later on, flip it and cook till the sugar syrup becomes dry.
Combine them together horizontally after 8 minutes and flip them.
Check it in the intervals and dry the sugar syrup completely.
Cook it on high flame and flip it again.
The sugar syrup has dried so we will remove them.
Cut its thread and keep them aside to cool down but, after separating and spreading them.
They have slightly cooled down, you can separate them using your hands.
Add 1 to 1.5 tsp of rosewater to it and mix well.
The Lauki Lacchas are ready to be served.
- You can use the leftover soft portion of bottle gourd in the soup
- Bottle gourd - 1 (1 kg)
- Sugar - 1 cup (250 gms)
- Rosewater - 2 tsp
- - Take a 1 kg of bottle gourd, wash it and dry it.
- - Peel it using a julienne peeler.
- - Apply pressure on it and peel it horizontally.
- - Lift a peel and place it on the tray.
- - Peel rest of the Lacchas likewise.
- - Wash the Lacchas in a bowl of water and tie them with a thread.
- - Take a broad wok and add a ⅓ cup of water to it.
- - Add a cup of sugar to it and cook till it dissolves in the water.
- - It has dissolved and the sugar syrup has cooked.
- - Add Lacchas to it for cooking and stir it in the intervals until sugar dissolves in it.
- - Leave it to cook likewise for 6 to 7 minutes.
- - Later on, flip it and cook till the sugar syrup becomes dry.
- - They appear transparent to us and the juice has also separated from it.
- - The consistency of sugar syrup has loosened up after 8 minutes.
- - Combine them together horizontally and flip them.
- - Check it in the intervals and dry the sugar syrup completely.
- - Cook it on the high flame and flip it again.
- - The sugar syrup has dried so we will remove them.
- - Cut its thread and keep them aside to cool down but, after separating and spreading them.
- - They have slightly cooled down, you can separate them using your hands.
- - Add it 1 or 1.5 teaspoons of rosewater and mix it.
- - They are ready to be served.
- - You can store them in a refrigerator and consume for 15 days