Raw mango is a perfect fruit to make a pickle but its combination with green chilli has a fusion of lip-smacking taste. It can be served with a lot of dishes, it is the best option to make any ordinary dish more delicious. It can also be stored for a year.
Here is a step by step easy recipe with pictures the pickle of mango and green chilli. The picture here will help you to make pickle without any hindrance and instantly.
Getting Ready :
Wash, dry, peel and grate finely 250 grams of mango.
Wash, dry and chop 100 grams of green chillies into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat 150 grams of mustard oil on medium flame, roast a tsp of fenugreek seeds, a tsp of mustard seeds and 2 pinches of asafoetida in it.
Roast 2 tbsp of fennel seeds, the grated mangoes, green chillies and a tbsp of crushed yellow mustard seeds in it.
Add a tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of Degi red chilli powder, a ½ tsp of freshly crushed black pepper, 2 tbsp of salt and mix well.
Stir and cook for a while. After cooking it, add 2 tbsp of white vinegar to it.
The Mango pickle has cooked and it is ready to be served. You can eat this pickle instantly and even if you consume it after 2 to 3 days then it will taste much better.
You can store it in any food grade plastic or glass container and consume for a year.
- Raw Mango (grated) - 250 grams
- Green chilli - 100 grams
- Mustard oil - ⅓ cup (100 grams)
- White vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 2 tbsp
- Yellow mustard (crushed) - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- - Take 250 grams of raw mango, wash, dry and peel it.
- - Grate it finely, take 100 grams of green chillies, wash and dry it.
- - Chop it into bite-sized pieces and preheat ⅓ cup of mustard oil in a pan.
- - After heating the oil, turn the flame to medium and add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to it.
- - Add a teaspoon of mustard seeds on low flame along with 2 pinches of asafoetida.
- - Add 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds and saute the spices.
- - Add the grated mangoes, some green chillies and a tablespoon of crushed of yellow mustard seeds to it.
- - Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons of Degi red chilli powder, a ½ teaspoon of freshly crushed black pepper, 2 tablespoons of salt to it and mix all the ingredients well.
- - After cooking the pickle, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to it.
- - The pickle of mango and green chilli is ready to be served.
- - You can eat this pickle instantly and even if you consume it after 2 to 3 days then it will taste much better.
- - You can store it in any food grade plastic or glass container.
- - It can be consumed for a year.