Vegetable Appam has always been the most popular and favorite snack for breakfast. It not only makes a perfect breakfast but is healthy to eat too. I usually include these delectable appams in my breakfast meals, once or twice a month. Today we are showing you a great and simple variation to this traditional recipe of appams. Today we are making Vegetable appams. In this version few chopped veggies are added in the idli batter and cooked in appam maker.
Vegetable Appam taste scrumptious and very less oil is required for making them. These can be served in morning or evening and can even be packed with tomato sauce for kids in their lunch. So, try making this vegetable appam recipe at your home today and everyone will like it for sure. Enjoy!
1. Rinse and chop the tomatoes, capsicum and ginger. Peel green peas and keep it separately.
2. Also, rinse the green chilly, remove the stalk and chop it finely.
3. Take idli batter in a big mixing bowl and add chopped tomatoes, green peas, capsicum, green chilly, ginger, salt and green coriander into it. Mix everything really well.
4. Now preheat appam maker and grease each mould with some oil. Then fill each mould with one tsp of batter.
5. Now cover the appam maker with a lid and cook them for 2 minutes on low flame until they turn golden brown in color from bottom.
6. Then flip to the other side and let them cook again until they become brown and crispy.
7. Take out the appams in a plate and likewise prepare all the appams. Crisp and delectable vegetable appams are ready.
8. Serve these delicious and mouth watering vegetable appams steaming hot with side assortment of any Indian dip or chutney like green coriander chutney, tomato ketchup or any dip of your liking.
- You can increase or decrease the vegetables as per your taste or use only those vegetables you like the most.
- For 2 to 3 members
- Time – 10 minutes
- Idli batter - 3 cup
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Capsicum - 1 (1/4 cup) grated
- Green chilly - 2 (minced)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Salt - less than 1 tsp or as per taste
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Take idli batter in a big mixing bowl and add all the following ingredients into it - chopped tomatoes, green peas, capsicum, green chilly, ginger, salt and green coriander into it. Mix everything really well.
- Now preheat appam maker and pour some oil in each mold. Then fill each mold with one tsp batter. Now cover the appam maker with a lid and cook the appam for 2 minutes on low flame.
- When the appams turn golden brown in color, flip the side and let them cook until brown and crispy.
- Take out the appams in a plate and likewise prepare all the appams.
- Serve these delicious and mouth watering appams steaming hot with side assortment of any Indian dip or chutney like green coriander chutney, tomato ketchup and so on.
Show Comments (2)