Moong Dal Namkeen is a recipe which is a perfect snack to serve kids or old people and even too adults. It is crispier to eat and its crunchiness is a pure delight for the mouth. Cooking Moong Dal Namkeen is a simple process and consumes a lesser amount of time.
Here is step by step easy recipe with pictures to make mouth drooling crispy Moong Dal Namkeen, you can even make it spicy by following these steps.
Getting Ready :
Clean, wash and soak a cup of Moong Dal in the water for 4 hours.
Spread the soaked Dal on a cotton cloth to dry it for half an hour.
Preheat oil in a wok after 4 hours and fry the Dal using a strainer on high flame.
After frying, pour it in a separate plate and fry rest of the Dal likewise.
Mix a teaspoon of salt to it and serve it.
You can store it in an airtight container and consume for 2-3 months. Garnish with chopped coriander, green chillies and lemon juice if you want to eat it spicy.
- If you want to have it spicy then along with salt add some chopped green chilli, green coriander and some lime juice.
- Moong Dal - 1 cup (200 grams)
- Baking soda - 1 pinch
- Salt - ½ tsp
- - Take a cup of Moong Dal, clean it, wash it and soak it in the water for 4 hours along with a pinch of baking soda.
- - After 4 hours, remove the excess water from it and spread it on a cotton cloth evenly.
- - After spreading it, place it beneath a fan and let it dry for half an hour.
- - After half an hour, preheat oil in a wok.
- - After rightly heating it, add the soaked dal in it to fry using a strainer.
- - To fry the dal extremely heated oil is required and the flame should be high too.
- - After frying, pour it in a separate plate and fry rest of the Dal likewise.
- - 2.5 to 3 minutes was acquired to fry a single round of Dal.
- - Mix a teaspoon of salt to it and serve it.
- - The Moong Dal Namkeen is ready to be served.
- - You can store it in an airtight container and consume for 2-3 months.
- - Garnish with chopped coriander, green chilli and lemon juice if you want to eat it spicy.