Veg macaroni is an Indian style macaroni prepared with desi spices and green vegetables. This can be served before dinner in supper and can also pack them in lunch for kids. Kids will love it for sure! It is very easy to prepare at home. It tastes super delicious and mouth-watering.
You can prepared veg macaroni any time you crave for it. Add any veggie as desired or available. Indian style macaroni is flavored with Indian spices. You must have prepared macaroni in various ways but this time try making it in Indian style. So, definitely try out making veg macaroni with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Wash and cut capsicum. Discard its stalk and seeds. Chop the capsicum into small size pieces.
Wash tomatoes. Chop them in small pieces and remove its seeds too. Also, wash carrot thoroughly with water and chop them into fine pieces.
Finely chop the cabbage and keep it aside. Chop the green chilly as well.
Boil the macaroni, first. Take 2 to 3 cups of water in any utensil and place it on flame for heating. Cover it with lid so that the heating process starts quickly. When water starts boiling add 1 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt into it. Now add macaroni into it and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Keep stirring at regular intervals to avoid over cooking of macaroni.
After 12 minutes, macaroni have puffed up. Lift a piece and press it to check whether it is cooked or not. Macaroni is cooked aptly. Put the flame off and strain it with help of a sieve and discard the water.
Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil. When oil is hot then add ginger paste to it followed by finely chopped green chilly and chopped carrot. Saute everything for while. Now add finely chopped capsicum, chopped tomato and finely chopped cabbage to it. Saute for around 2 minutes so that the veggies becomes nice and crunchy. Don’t cook the veggies too much.
Now add salt, chaat masala, red chilly powder and tomato sauce into it. Mix everything really well. Cook for few more minutes. Then add boiled macaroni to the veggies along with some chopped green coriander.
Stir for 1 minute and cook the macaroni with vegetables until macaroni gets nicely coated with the sauce and spices. Steaming hot veg macaroni is now ready. Transfer it out in a serving plate.
Garnish this tantalizing and mouth-watering veg macaroni with some green coriander and serve it steaming hot and enjoy.
- You can take any vegetable as desired like cauliflower, beans or even green peas.
- If you like eating spicy then add red chilly powder to it or else skip it. If you are making this veg macaroni for kids then you can skip green chillies as well.
- For 2 to 3 members
- Time – 30 minutes
- Macaroni - 1 cup (100 grams)
- Capsicum - 1
- Cabbage - ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 2
- Carrot - 2
- Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - less than ¼ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or as per taste
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Finely chop all the veggies and keep it aside. Boil the macaroni salt and oil. After that, drain the excess water from it.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil. When oil is hot then add ginger paste, green chilly, chopped carrot, capsicum, chopped tomato and finely chopped cabbage to it. Saute for around 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, chaat masala, red chilly powder, tomato sauce, macaroni and green coriander into it. Mix everything really well. Cook for few more minutes. Steaming hot veg macaroni is now ready. Transfer it out in a serving plate.
- Garnish this tantalizing and mouth-watering veg macaroni with some green coriander and serve it steaming hot and enjoy.
Show Comments (0)