Paneer pakoda makes a delicious accompaniment when served with steaming hot cup of tea or coffee. It is also served with tomato sauce and green coriander chutney. We all enjoy having pakodas during raining seasons. Paneer pakoda is very easy to prepare at home just slit the paneer chunks and spread some chaat masala on them. Dip them into the batter and deep fry them till golden brown in colour.
Pakodas are all time favorite snack and pakodas made with paneer is something that no one will say no. You can serve it to your guests. They will love it for sure. So, try out making paneer pakodas with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Take the paneer and cut it into ¾ cm thick piece. Further cut that piece into two. Similarly, cut the remaining paneer.
Take chickpea flour in a big mixing bowl and add water in small portions to make a smooth lump-free batter. Make the batter with pouring consistency as required for making pakodas. Little more than ½ cup of water is used for making the batter.
Now add salt, red chilly powder and coriander powder into the batter. Mix everything really well and whisk the batter continuously for 3-4 minutes. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes to set.
Meanwhile, stuff the paneer. For this, lift a paneer piece and slit it from between keeping the other end joint. Now sprinkle some chaat masala and spread it evenly. Likewise, prepare the rest of the paneer chunks.
Place a wok on flame and pour enough oil into it to deep fry the pakodas. Dip a paneer chunk into the batter and fold it nicely with the batter. Drop it into the hot oil. Place as many pakodas as possible into the wok.
Keep the flame on medium. Once the pakodas gets fried from beneath, flip their sides. Keep flipping their sides and fry the pakoras until they turn golden brown in colour.
When the pakoras are fried aptly, lift them with the slotted ladle and hold it against the wok so that the excess oil gets drained back into the wok. Transfer them on kitchen paper towel. Similarly, fry the rest of the pakodas. Paneer pakoras are now ready.
Serve this mouth-watering and luscious paneer pakodas steaming hot along with tomato sauce, green coriander chutney or any chutney you like. Enjoy!
- Chickpea flour – 1 cup
- Paneer – 300 grams
- Salt – less than ½ tsp or to taste
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – to fry pakodas
- Cut the paneer into cubes. Then slit and fill some chaat masala in them.
- Take chickpea flour and add water, salt, red chilly powder and coriander powder. Mix it really well and make a batter.
- Heat some oil in a wok. Dip a paneer chunk into the batter. Drop it into the hot oil. Keep the flame on medium. Keep flipping their sides and fry the pakoras until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Transfer them on kitchen paper towel. Similarly, fry the rest of the pakodas. Paneer pakoras are now ready.
- Serve this mouth-watering and luscious paneer pakodas steaming hot along with tomato sauce, green coriander chutney or any chutney you like. Enjoy!