Vegetable fried rice is an one-pot meal. You can prepare veg fried rice with leftover rice. Just saute the veggies and rice with few spices. It is the best way to make use of leftover rice. You can prepare it for dinner, lunch or at anytime of the day. It takes few time to prepare veg fried rice.
It tastes so delicious thet your family especially kids will ask fore more and more. Make this simple and super delicious veg fried rice with any veggie of your choice aor availabilty. So, try out making veg fried rice with these easy to follow step-by-step iunstructions. Enjoy!
Wash the capsicum thoroughly with water. Drain out its excess water and allow it to try out completely. After that, discard its stalk and seeds. Chop the capsicum into small pieces.
Thoroughly wash the carrot. Drain out its excess water and allow it to try out completely. Peel the carrot and remove its stalk. Chop it into small chunks.
Rinse the tomato thoroughly with water. Drain out its excess water and allow it to try out completely. Remove its stalk and chop it into small chunks as well.
Place a wok on flame and pour some oil into it. Once the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds into it. When the seeds starts spluttering, add green chillies, ginger paste, green peas and carrot into it. Saute everything for 1 minute on high flame.
After 1 minute, add capsicum into the wok. Again keep stirring the veggies continuously and saute for 1 more minute. Keep the veggies crunchy. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and crushed black pepper as well. Saute for another minute.
Once the veggies are fried aptly, Add cooked rice and chopped green coriander into it. Keep stirring continuously and fry the rice for 2 minute.
Everything is now mixed well. Veg fried rice is ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it on a serving plate.
Serve this tantalizing and mouth-watering veg fried rice steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
- You can use ghee instead of oil for making veg fried rice.
- If you prefer eating spicy food then add some red chilly powder to it.
- Rice - ½ cup (leftover)
- Capsicum – 1
- Carrot – ½
- Tomato – 1
- Frozen green peas - ½ cup
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies – 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp or to taste
- Heat a pan with some oil and add cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger paste, green peas and carrot into it. Saute everything for 1 minute on high flame.
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, crushed black pepper, rice and green coriander. Saute for another minute.
- Veg fried rice is ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it on a serving plate.
- Serve this tantalizing and mouth-watering veg fried rice steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)