Vegetable burgers is the most relished snack. It is very famous street food. Kids and even youngsters love having burgers but the street food are always questioned about their hygiene quotient. So, why not make these mouth-drooling street food on your own at home and serve it to your family.
You can prepare it for your kids get-together or their parties at home. Everyone will love it for sure. It is very easy to make veg burgers at home. It only requires burger buns, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, green peas, chutneys and few spices. So, try out making veg burgers with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Wash the potatoes thoroughly with water. Remove the excess water from it. Boil them until they turn tender. After that, peel of its skin. Grate the boiled potatoes in a bowl using a grater.
Rinse the green peas thoroughly with water and boil them until they turn tender. Remove the extra water from it. Then mash the boiled green peas with the back of a spoon.
Cut the top portion of the cucumber and rub both the pieces together to remove the bitterness of the cucumber. Now cut off that foam part of the cucumber as well. Peel off its skin. Cut the cucumber into thin round slices.
Wash the tomatoes thoroughly with water. Drain out the excess water from it and allow the tomatoes to dry out completely. Discard its stalk and slice it into thin round pieces.
Cut both the burger bun from middle dividing it into 2 equal halves.
Add mashed green peas into the mashed potatoes along with ginger paste, green chilies, salt, dry mango powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and ½ amount of bread crumbs. Mix all the ingredients really well.
Now take some amount of potato mixture and roll it to bind well. Then flatten it to shape it as a tikki. Coat it with some bread crumbs. Press it with hands to set it properly. Place it on a plate. Similarly, make another one also.
Place a pan on flame and pour some oil into it. When the oil gets heated, put the aloo tikki into it. Shallow fry the tikkis on medium flame until they become golden brown in colour from both the sides. Once the tikkis are fried aptly, transfer them on a plate.
After that, drizzle some oil on the pan and place the burger buns on it. Toast the burgers from both the sides until they turn crisp. Transfer them on a plate and similarly toast another bun as well.
Now serve the burgers. For this, place the bottom part of the toasted bun on plate and spread some tomato sauce on it. Place 4 cucumber slices on it and sprinkle some chaat masala on top.Then place the aloo tikki on it followed by cabbage leaf.
After that, cut the paneer slice into square shape and place it over the cabbage leaf. Again sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Place another cabbage leaf on top followed by tomato slices. Again sprinkle some chaat masala on it.
Take the top part of the toasted burger bun and spread some green coriander chutney on it. Place it on the top of the burger. Burger is now ready. Similarly, layer another burger as well. Serve these mouth-drooling and lip-smacking veg burger along with tomato sauce.
- You want to toast the burger buns in ghee or butter.
- You can apply butter on the burger bun instead of tomato sauce.
- Burger buns – 2
- Cucumber – 1
- Cabbage leaves – 5-6 (washed and dried)
- Tomato – 2
- Paneer – 2 (big slices)
- Tomato sauce
- Green coriander chutney
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Potatoes – 3 (medium sized) (200 grams)
- Green peas - ½ cup (boiled)
- Bread crumbs – 2 breads crumbled
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt – ⅓ tsp or to taste
- Grate the potatoes and mix mashed green peas, ginger paste, green chilies, salt, dry mango powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and ½ amount of bread crumbs. Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Make tikki and shallow fry it. Transfer it to a plate.
- Roast the buns.
- Place the bottom part of the bun on plate and spread some tomato sauce on it. Place 4 cucumber slices, sprinkle some chaat masala, aloo tikki, cabbage leaf, paneer slice, cabbage leaf, sprinkle some chaat masala, cabbage leaf, tomato slices and sprinkle some chaat masala on it.
- Take the top part of the toasted burger bun and spread some green coriander chutney on it. Place it on the top of the burger. Burger is now ready. Serve these mouth-drooling and lip-smacking veg burger along with tomato sauce.
Show Comments (0)