Sweet corn matar curry is prepare by cooking green peas in a rich gravy of sweet corn, tomato, green chilly, ginger and few Indian spices. It tastes super delicious. You can prepare this mouth-drooling curry for your family and friends at any get-together. They will love it for sure!
Serve this scrumptious green pea and sweet corn curry with parantha, chapatti or rice and relish eating. It is very easy to make this restaurant style sweet corn green peas curry. So, try out making sweet corn green pea curry with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Remove the fiber of the sweet corns and wash them thoroughly with water. Allow them to dry out completely. After that, grate the sweet corns with a grater to extract its cream. You can scrape the sweet corns with a knife to extract its cream.
Thoroughly wash the tomatoes and green chilies with water. Allow them to dry out completely. Put the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger in a mixer jar and prepare a fine paste of it. Transfer it to a bowl.
Place a pan on flame and pour a tbsp of oil into it. Once the oil gets heated, add the green peas into it. Keep stirring continuously and fry the green peas for 3-4 minutes until they turn crisp. When they get fried aptly, take them out in a bowl.
Pour 1.5 tbsp of oil into the pan. When the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds and asafoetida into it. Once the seeds starts spluttering, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, tomato-ginger-green chilly paste and red chilly powder into it. Keep stirring continuously and saute the masala until the oil starts separating from its edges.
After 4-5 minutes, oil has started leaving the edges of the masala. Now add sweet corn cream into it. Saute it with the masala for another 3-4 minutes.
After 3-4 minutes, sweet corn cream is sauteed aptly. Now add a cup of water into it. Mix it really well. Add salt and some more water to it. Mix everything nicely.
Now add fried green peas into it followed by garam masala. Mix it through. Cover the pan and cook the sabzi for 2-3 minutes so that the green peas absorbs the masala really well.
2-3 minutes are over. Take off the lid. Add chopped green coriander into the sabzi. Mix it well. Sweet corn matar curry is now ready.
Serve this luscious and mouth-watering sweet corn matar curry steaming hot along with chapatti, parantha, makke ki roti or bajra roti. Enjoy!
- Add water to make the gravy thick or thin as desired.
- Sweet corn – 2
- Frozen green peas -
- Tomatoes – 3-4 (medium sized)
- Green chilies – 2
- Ginger baton – 1 inch
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ¾ tsp or to taste
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1-2 pinches
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Grate the sweet corns extract its cream.
- Prepare a fine paste of tomato, green chilly and ginger.
- Heat a pan with some oil and fry green peas to it. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Pour 1.5 tbsp of oil into the pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, tomato-ginger-green chilly paste and red chilly powder into it. Saute the masala.
- Now add sweet corn cream into it. Saute it for another 3-4 minutes. Then add a cup of water, salt, green peas, garam masala and green coriander into it. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Sweet corn mattar curry is now ready.
- Serve this luscious and mouth-watering sweet corn matar curry steaming hot along with chapatti, parantha, makke ki roti or bajra roti. Enjoy!