Sweet corn veg soup is a delicious appetizer. Everyone relish having soup as to increase their appetite. You must have prepared various types of soups, this time try out making delectable sweet corn veg soup with sweet corns, baby corns, carrot, vegetable stock, green coriander, vinegar, corn starch, black pepper powder and salt. It tastes super scrumptious.
You can prepare this sweet corn soup for your friends and family. They will love it for sure, especially kids will love it! You can have this sweet corn veg soup before any meal or whenever you crave for it. it will keep your tummy full for long hours. So, definitely try out making sweet corn soup with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Grate the sweet corns using a grater. Keep its cream on a plate. Grate only the seeds part not the hard part.
Take the corn starch in a bowl along with some water. Stir it continuously until the lumps dissolves completely. Further add ¼ cup of water into it. Mix it well. Corn starch slurry is now ready.
Place a vessel on flame and transfer the sweet corn cream into it along with a cup of water, baby corn and carrot. Cover and cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Keep stirring at a regular interval of 1-2 minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove the lid. Add the stock into it followed by corn starch slurry, black pepper powder and salt. Mix everything really well. Cook the soup until it starts boiling and then simmer it on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Keep stirring at regular interval of 1-2 minutes.
After a while, soup has thickened. Turn off the flame and add vinegar into it along with 1 tsp ghee/butter/olive oil and chopped green coriander. Mix it really well.
Sweet corn vegetable soup is now ready. Take the vessel off the flame and place it on wire rack. Transfer the soup in a soup bowl.
Serve this delicious and mouth-drooling sweet corn vegetable soup steaming hot along with soup stick or toasted breads before any meal or have it anytime in a day. Enjoy!
- You can purchase this sweet corn cream from the market. It is available with the name of frozen sweet corn cream. Take a cup of cream.
- You can skip butter/ghee/olive oil.
- Sweet corns – 2
- Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Carrot – 2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Baby corns – 1 (finely chopped)
- Corn starch – 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Grate the sweet corns and add water to corn starch.
- Heat a vessel with sweet corn cream, a cup of water, baby corn, carrot, stock, corn starch slurry, black pepper powder and salt. Mix everything really well. Cook the soup until it turns thick.
- After that, add vinegar, 1 tsp butter and chopped green coriander. Mix it really well. Transfer the soup in a soup bowl.
- Serve this delicious and mouth-drooling sweet corn vegetable soup steaming hot along with soup stick or toasted breads before any meal or have it anytime in a day. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)