Til milk powder recipe is a quick and easy barfi recipe prepared using milk powder and sesame seeds. This is another super delicious and scrumptious barfi recipe which makes a perfect dessert for any festival or special occasion. Milk powder sesame seeds barfi is an easy variation to authentic recipe of barfi prepared with mawa which is laborious and time consuming.
But making til barfi with milk powder is very simple and easy requiring very less time and ingredients. This milk powder til barfi is really healthy and easy way to make homemade treat. So, follow this simple and quick recipe of til milk powder barfi to make perfect barfi at your home and impress your dear ones. Enjoy!
Chop each cashew into 7-8 small pieces. Likewise, chop all the cashews. Place it in a bowl. After that, thinly slice all the pistachios. Keep it into the same bowl. Peel the green cardamom and crush its seeds into fine powder using mortar pestle.
Pour some ghee on a plate which is going to be used for setting barfi. Spread it evenly all over the plate.
Place a wok on flame. Transfer sesame seeds into hot wok. Roast the sesame seeds on medium flame until it turns golden brown in colour and puffy. Keep stirring it continuously otherwise the sesame seeds may get burnt. Once it gets roasted aptly, turn off the flame and transfer it to a plate. Allow it to cool down completely.
Take more than half roasted sesame seeds into the mixer jar and churn it to make fine powder. Keep the remaining roasted sesame seeds as it is. Here we have churned ¾ cup of roasted sesame seeds into fine powder and kept ¼ cup of roasted sesame seeds whole as it is.
Heat a wok and add butter into it. When the butter melts completely, add milk to it. Mix it really well. After that, add milk powder in small portions into the wok. Keep stirring continuously until the mixture turns thick in consistency as of mawa. Keep the flame on medium-low.
Now the mixture has turned thick, add powdered sugar into it. Keep the flame very low. Keep stirring continuously and mix the sugar really well into the mawa mixture.
Once the powdered sugar is mixed completely, add roasted sesame powder, roasted sesame seeds, chopped cashews, sliced pistachios and green cardamom powder into the mixture. Mix all the ingredients really well.
Everything is now mixed well. Barfi mixture is now ready. Transfer it to the greased plate. Spread it evenly with the spatula. Keep the barfi mixture aside for a while until it sets completely.
Once the barfi mixture is completely set, cut it into the desired size pieces with the help of a cutter or knife. Place the plate on the flame for few seconds so that the barfi gets separated easily.
Transfer barfi pieces to a serving plate. Sesame seeds milk powder barfi is now ready to serve.
Serve these luscious and delicious sesame seeds milk powder barfi as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet. Keep these barfi aside for 2-3 hours it will dry out completely. Store these barfi in an air-tight container and eat it within a week. Enjoy!
- Don’t roast the sesame seeds too much or else it will taste bitter. Make sure that it doesn’t turns out dark brown. Roast it until it becomes puffy and there is slight change in colour.
- Use only unsalted butter to make barfi.
- Here we have used cashews and pistachios. If you want then you can take chopped almonds as well. You can also increase, decrease, add or remove any dry fruits you want.
- Sesame seeds – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Milk powder – 1 cup (130 grams)
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup (180 grams)
- Milk – ½ cup
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) (60 grams)
- Cashews – 15-20
- Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom – 7-8
- Chop cashew, pistachio and make green cardamom powder.
- Roast sesame seeds and prepare powder of half its quantity.
- Heat a pan with butter and add milk and milk powder. Roast to make mawa.
- Add powdered sugar, roasted sesame powder, roasted sesame seeds, chopped cashews, sliced pistachios and green cardamom powder into it. Mix everything really well.
- Barfi mixture is now ready. Spread it to the greased plate.
- Once the barfi mixture is completely set, cut it into the desired size pieces and transfer barfi pieces to a serving plate. Sesame seeds milk powder barfi is now ready to serve.
- Serve these luscious and delicious sesame seeds milk powder barfi as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet.
Show Comments (1)