Soup sticks are a perfect snacks that makes a perfect side assortment with any soup recipe. This easy to make and tempting soup sticks tastes super great with any flavored soups.This simple and freshly baked bread sticks not only makes a perfect bite with soups but also goes well along your favorite dips.
These crunchy and super yummy soup sticks are just perfect when prepared freshly at home.Try out this version of these delectable soup sticks and surely you will never go out to the store for buy them. You can make variations to these bread sticks to give them desired flavor and taste. Go ahead and follow this recipe with step-by-step pictures and make perfect soup sticks. Enjoy!
Take refined flour in a big mixing bowl and add salt, sugar, dry active yeast and 2 tsp of olive oil into it. Mix all the ingredients really well. Now add lukewarm water in small portions and knead soft dough. 1/3 cup of water is used for kneading this much quantity oil flour.
Grease the hand and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes continuously to make it smooth and soft. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 2 hours.
After 2 hours, dust the dough with some dry flour and knead it again. Roll it to make a big peda. Dust the peda with some flour and roll it with the rolling pin into ½ cm thick square. Cut it from all sides to shape it in a perfect square.
After that, cut the square dough sheet½ inch thick strips. Then lift a dough strip and twist it from the ends. Place it on the butter paper place over a baking tray. Similarly, make the rest of the strips with the remaining dough.
Preheat the microwave on convection mode at 180 degree centigrade. Place the tray inside the microwave and bake it at 180 degree centigrade for 10 minutes. Check later. After 10 minutes, take the tray out. Soup sticks haven’t turned golden brown so place it back inside the microwave and bake it for 6 more minutes.
Then take the tray out and flip the sides of the soup sticks and bake it for another 10 minutes on same temperature. After 10 minutes, take out the tray. They haven’t turned crunchy so place it back inside the microwave and bake it for 5 more minutes. Soup sticks are now ready. Overall it took 30 minutes to bake the soup sticks aptly at 180 degree centigrade.
Serve these crusty and delicious soup stick along with steaming hot soup. Once the soup sticks cools down completely, store them in an air-tight container and relish eating for 2 months. Enjoy!
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. So bake it at 180 degree for 15-16 minutes. After that, flip their sides and bake for another 5 minutes then keep increasing the time and bake them till they turns golden brown in color.
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp or to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Instant dry active yeast – ½ tsp
- Add refined flour, salt, sugar, dry active yeast and 2 tsp of olive oil into it. Mix all the ingredients really well. Add lukewarm water in small portions and knead soft dough.
- Roll it with the rolling pin into ½ cm thick square. Shape it in a perfect square.
- Cut the square dough sheet½ inch thick strips. Twist each strip.
- Bake soup sticks at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes. Keep checking and flipping after every 5-6 minutes.
- Serve these crusty and delicious soup stick along with steaming hot soup. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)