Sev gud ladoos are mouth-drooling ladoos. We all relish eating sev as a snack. I have posted various recipes of making sev at home. This time I have prepared delicious ladoos from this crispy sev. It is very easy to prepare these ladoos at home. It is a fusion of sev and ladoo. All you need to have is chickpea flour, jaggery, milk, baking soda and oil. You can prepare it with the sev you already have in your kitchen but make sure its not salted.
You can prepare these tantalizing sev gud ladoos and store them in an airtight container. They keep good for about a month. Make sev gur ladoos for festivals or any occasion. Distribute and serve it to your friends and family. They will love it for sure! So, definitely try out making sev gud ladoos with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Place a pan on flame and pour the oil into it. Once the oil gets heated, turn off the flame and add it to the chickpea flour along with baking soda. Mix all the ingredients really well.
Now add water in small portions and knead soft dough. Dough should be slightly softer than required for making chapatti. Less than ½ cup of water is used for kneading this much of flour. Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 minutes to set.
15 minutes are over. Set a medium size net on the sev machine. Grease the hand and pinch some dough. Roll and give it a cylindrical shape. Put it inside the sev machine. Fill the machine with the dough and close the piston.
Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry the sev. Take the sev machine above the wok and press the piston. Move the hand in a circular motion and place as much sev as possible into the wok.
When the sev gets fried from beneath, flip its sides and fry the sev until it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Once the sev is fried aptly, lift it with a slotted ladle and hold it against the wok so that the excess oil gets drained back into the wok. Transfer it on a plate. Likewise, fry the rest of the sev until the dough is completely utilized. Sev is now ready.
Take a wok and put crushed jaggery into it followed by ¾ cup of water. Put the flame on and let the jaggery melts completely, after that check. Stir it at regular intervals.
Meanwhile, crush the fried sev with hand and place it on the plate.
When the jaggery melts completely, add milk into it. This will remove all the impurities of jaggery. Separate the froth coagulated at the edges of the wok with a ladle.
Check the jaggery syrup. For this, take few drops of the syrup and allow it to cool down completely. After that, stick it between the thumb and fore-finger. There is formation of a thread. Jaggery syrup is now ready.
Then add the sev into the jaggery syrup. Mix it really well and crush the sev with the ladle as well. Ladoo mixture is now ready. Take it off the flame and place it on wire rack. Keep mixing it and cool down a little.
Now make the ladoos. For this, wet your hand with some water and take some mixture on hand to make medium size ladoo. Keep pressing it with the other hand and bind the mixture completely. Make sure that it doesn’t splatter. Place it on a plate. Similarly, prepare the rest of the ladoos until the mixture is completely utilized. Leave it as it is for 2 hours in open air so that they cools down completely and becomes dry and more frigid.
Serve these mouth-drooling and delicious sev jaggery ladoos as a dessert after any meal or have it whenever you crave for it. Store them in an air-tight container and relish eating for a month. Enjoy!
- You can make ladoos of your desired size.
- Make sure that the dough prepared is very soft so that the sev will also turns soft.
- Oil should be appropriate hot to fry the sev. If the oil is too cold then the sev will turn hard and if the oil is too hot then the sev will become dark on outside and raw from inside.
- Be more cautious while making jaggery syrup. When the syrup turns thick check it by sticking between fingers. Cook the syrup until one thread consistency. After that add sev and cool it down a bit and make ladoos.
- Chickpea flour – 250 grams (2 cups)
- Baking soda – less than ½ tsp
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Jaggery – 400 grams (2 cup) (crumbled)
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying sev
- Add hot oil to the chickpea flour along with baking soda. Mix all the ingredients really well. Add water in small portions and knead soft dough.
- Fill the machine with the dough and close the piston.
- Place as much sev as possible into the wok. Fry the sev until it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Transfer it on a plate and crush it.
- Put jaggery and ¾ cup of water into a wok. When the jaggery melts completely, add milk into it. Simmer for a while.
- Then add the sev into it. Mix it really well. Take it off the flame. Make the medium sized ladoos.
- Serve these mouth-drooling and delicious sev jaggery ladoos as a dessert after any meal or have it whenever you crave for it. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)