Mix veg pakoda is prepare by adding some chopped veggies into the chickpea flour batter. The flavorful Indian spices added in it enhances the taste of the pakodas as well. We all relish eating pakodas. This mix veg pakodas is a simple way to make your children eat those veggies that they pinch their nose at. You can add any veggies of your choice or availability.
Serve this crispy and delicious mic veg pakodas to your guests. They will love it for sure! It tastes so delicious that you can have it as it is without any chutney. This pakodas are nutritious as well as they contains various veggies in them. So, definitely try out making mix veg pakodas with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Thoroughly rinse cauliflower and drain out excess water from it. Allow it to dry out completely. After that, chop the florets of cauliflower into small pieces.
Similarly, wash the cabbage thoroughly with water. Remove excess water from it. Let it dry out completely. Then finely chop the cabbage as well.
Pluck the spinach leaves and fenugreek leaves. Discard its stalk. Wash the green leaves thoroughly with water. Place them on colander until it becomes dry. After that, chop them finely as well. Peel the potato and wash it nicely. Then chop it into small chunks.
Take all the chopped veggies into a big mixing bowl. Add ginger paste, salt, chopped green chillies, chopped green coriander and red chilly powder into it. Mix all the ingredients nicely into the veggies.
After that, add dry chickpea flour into the veggies. Add as much chickpea flour as required to bind the veggies. Mix it really well with hand.
Now add little water to it. Bind the mixture really well. Pakoda mixture is now ready. ½ cup of water is required to bind the mixture.
Take enough oil in a wok to deep fry the pakodas. Oil should be very hot to fry the pakodas. Pinch some mixture and bind it with fingers. Drop it into the oil. Place as many pakodas as possible into the wok.
Once the pakodas get fried from beneath, flip their sides. Keep flipping the pakodas and fry them until they turn golden brown in colour. It takes around 6-7 minutes to fry a batch of pakodas. Keep the flame on medium or medium-high.
Pakodas are fried aptly. Lift them with a slotted ladle and hold it against the wok so that the excess oil gets drained back into the wok. Transfer the pakodas on kitchen paper towel. Similarly, fry the rest of the pakodas until the batter is utilized completely. Pakodas are now ready.
Sprinkle some chaat masala on these crispy and delectable mix veg pakodas and serve them steaming hot with a side assortment of tomato sauce, chilly sauce, green coriander chutney or any chutney you desire. Enjoy!
- Here we have used veggies as per our taste and availability. You can use any veggies according to your taste or availability. You can add brinjal, zucchini, bottle gourd, capsicum or whatever you want.
- For 4-5 members
- Chickpea flour – 1.5 cup (200 grams)
- Cauliflower – 100 grams (
- Potato – 1
- Cabbage – 100 grams
- Spinach – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green coriander – 3-4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp (1 inch baton grated)
- Salt – more than 1 tsp or to taste
- Green chilly – 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – to fry pakodas
- Finely chop cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, fenugreek leaves and potatoes.
- Take all the chopped veggies and add ginger paste, salt, chopped green chillies, chopped green coriander, red chilly powder, chickpea flour and little water to it. Bind the mixture really well.
- Drop the pakodas into the hot oil. Fry them until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the pakodas on kitchen paper towel.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on these crispy and delectable mix veg pakodas and serve them steaming hot with a side assortment of tomato sauce, chilly sauce, green coriander chutney.