Mawa modak recipe is an easy way to prepare mouth-watering modaks instantly. Modak is mostly prepared in Maharashtra during Ganesha chaturthi. It is prepared in various ways. This time we have prepared this amazing sweet with milk powder, milk, powdered sugar, green cardamom, butter and cream. You can prepare it and store it in refrigerator for a week or so.
You can prepare this most relish sweet and present it to your friends and relatives during festive days or on any occasion. They will love it fort sure! The process of making mawa modak is very simple that you can prepare it on festivals when you are busy with other preparations. So, definitely try out making mawa modaks with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Peel the green cardamom and separate its seeds. After that, crush the green cardamom seeds into a fine powder using a mortar pestle.
Place a pan on flame. When the pan gets heated up aptly then low done the flame. Now add butter to it. Let the butter melts completely. After that, add cream to it. Mix them really well. Keep the flame on low-medium.
Once both the ingredient mixes well, add milk to it. Keep stirring it continuously and cook it on high flame so that the milk starts boiling quickly. After that, add milk powder into the mixture. Mix it really well. Stir the mixture and cook it until it becomes mawa. Keep the flame on low-medium. Keep mixing it continuously so that it doesn’t become lumpy.
After a while, mawa has turned thick in consistency. Ghee is separating from the edges of the mawa that means it is now roasted aptly. Mawa is now ready. Turn off the flame. Transfer the mawa into a bowl. Allow it to cool down completely.
Add crushed green cardamom seeds and powdered sugar into the mawa. Mix everything really well into it. Mixture for making mawa is now ready.
Take a modak mould and put powdered sugar on it. Pat the mould to remove the excess sugar from it. Keep a thin layer of powdered sugar on the mould.
Pinch some mawa mixture and bind it by rolling in hand. Place the mixture on one side of the modak mould. Similarly, place some mawa mixture on the other side of the modak mould.
Close the mould nicely. Remove the excess mawa mixture coming out of the mould. Open the mould and take out the modak from the mould by lifting it from the base. Place it on a plate. Likewise, prepare the rest of the modaks until the mixture is utilized completely.
Modak can also be prepared without the mould. For this, take some mawa mixture and with the help of the hands make a base while narrowing it on the top. Keep them in refrigerator to make them frigid.
Serve these mouth-melting and delectable mawa modaks as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet.
- Make mawa properly by continuously stirring the mixture so that no lump appears in it and it turns out smooth into mawa. After that, slightly cool it down then add powdered sugar into it. Don’t cool down the mawa completely or else it will become powdery. It should be cool enough that it can be touched with bare hands.
- If you feel that the mixture is too soft to shape it into modaks then keep it inside the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. After that, prepare the modaks.
- Milk powder – 1 cup (110 grams)
- Cream – ¼ cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – ⅓ (50-60 grams)
- Green cardamom – 5-6
- Milk – ½ cup
- Heat a pan with some butter. Add cream and milk to it. Mix it really well.
- Further add milk powder to it and keep stirring until the mixture turns thick as mawa.
- Transfer it to a bowl and cool it down. Add green cardamom powder and powdered sugar into the mawa. Mix everything really well into it.
- Dust the mould with some powdered sugar and put some mawa mixture into it. Place the mixture on both the sides of the modak mould. Close it and make modaks.
- Serve these mouth-melting and delectable mawa modaks as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet.
Show Comments (0)