Mawa barfi is the simplest and most relished sweet. It becomes more convenient to make in in microwave. It is prepared with mawa, powdered sugar, pistachios and green cardamom. You can add any other dry fruit of your choice. It take only 3 minutes to roast the mawa in microwave. Kids devour eating this tantalizing mawa barfi.
You can prepare it on any occasions and festivals and distribute this mouth-drooling homemade mawa barfi prepared in microwave to your friends and relatives. They will love it for sure. It take hardly 20 minutes to prepare this amazing barfi. So, try out making mawa barfi in microwave with theses east to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Take sugar in a mixer jar and grind it into fine powder. Sieve the powder to remove the impurity. Powdered sugar is ready.
Take a pistachio and cut it into thin slices. Slice the remaining pistachios similarly.
Take ½ tsp ghee and pour it on a plate which is going to be used for setting barfi. Spread it evenly all over the plate.
Take mawa in a microwave safe bowl. Place it inside the microwave and roast it for 1 minute.
After a minute, take the bowl out and stir the mawa with a spoon. Place the bowl back inside the microwave and roast the mawa for 1 minute more. Repeat this process once again. After that, stir the mawa really well. Mawa has turned golden brown and ghee is also separating from its edges. Mawa is now roasted well. It took 3 minutes to roast the mawa. Keep it aside to cool it down completely.
After a while, mawa has cooled down completely. Now add powdered sugar and green cardamom powder into it. Mix both the ingredients really well with the back of a spoon. Barfi mixture is now ready.
Transfer the barfi mixture on the greased plate. Spread the barfi mixture evenly by pressing it with the back of a spoon. Keep the barfi ½ inch thick.
Sprinkle the sliced pistachios on the barfi and press it gently with the spoon so that it sets on the barfi. Keep it aside for 1 hour to set the barfi.
After an hour, barfi is now completely set. Cut it into desired size pieces with the help of a knife.
Place the plate on the flame for few seconds so that the barfi gets separated easily.
Transfer the mawa barfi pieces on a serving plate. Mawa barfi in microwave is now ready to serve.
Serve these mouth-drooling and delectable mawa barfi as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet. Store these barfi in an air-tight container and place it inside the refrigerator and eat it within a week. Enjoy!
- If we roast mawa on flame then we have to keep stirring it continuously. In the same way, when we are roasting it in microwave then take it out at regular intervals and stir with a spoon.
- After roasting mawa, you can place it inside the refrigerator to cool it down quickly. You can do this when you are in hurry.
- You can adjust the quantity of powdered sugar as per your taste.
- Mawa – 250 grams (1 cup)
- Powdered sugar – 125 grams (½ cup)
- Pistachios – 8-10
- Green cardamom – ½ tsp
- Roast the mawa in microwave giving it 1 minute baking time and stirring in between.
- Now add powdered sugar and green cardamom powder into the roasted mawa. Mix both the ingredients really well.
- Transfer the barfi mixture on the greased plate and sprinkle the sliced pistachios on the barfi and press it gently with the spoon.
- After an hour, barfi is now completely set. Cut it into desired size pieces with the help of a knife. Transfer the mawa barfi pieces on a serving plate.
- Serve these mouth-drooling and delectable mawa barfi as a dessert after any meal or have them whenever you crave for something sweet.
Show Comments (0)