Peanut poha pakoda makes a scrumptious snack along with steaming hot cup of tea or coffee. It is very easy to prepare peanut poha pakoda with very few ingredients i.e. poha, peanut, chickpea flour and few spices. You can have it as an evening snack or whenever you crave for something spicy and delicious. It takes no time to get prepared. You can prepare it when your guest arrives without any notice.
Serve these crispy and mouth-drooling peanut poha pakora along with sweet chutney, tomato chutney or any chutney you like. Some pakodas turns soggy when they cools down but these peanut poha pakodas remains crisp for long hours even after they cools down completely. So, try out making peanut poha pakoda with these easy to follow step-by-step instruction. Enoy!
Pour a cup of water into the poha and keep it aside for sometime it will become puffy. Once the poha puffs up nicely, drain out the excess water from it.
Take chickpea flour in a big mixing bowl and add water in small portions to make a thick and smooth batter as required for making pakoras. Keep whisking it continuously until the lumps dissolves completely.
Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder, chopped green chillies, salt and chopped green coriander. Mix all the ingredients really well.
Add soaked poha into the batter along with peanuts. Mix it really well. Add water if required. ½ cup of water is used for making the batter of this consistency.
Heat a wok with enough oil to deep fry the pakodas. When the oil gets heated then drop a spoonful of pakora batter into the wok. Place as many pakoras as possible into the oil.
Once the pakoras gets fried from beneath, flip their sides. Keep flipping the sides and fry them till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep the medium-high. It takes 6-7 minutes to fry a batch of pakoras.
After that, lift the pakoras with slotted ladle and hold it against the wok so that the excess oil gets drained back into the wok. Transfer them on kitchen paper towel. Similarly, fry the rest of the pakoras until the batter is utilized completely. Turn off the flame. Poha peanut pakoras are now ready.
Serve these crispy and delectable poha peanut pakoras with a side assortment of kasundi, tomato sauce or any sauce you like. Enjoy!
- You can replace green coriander with dry fenugreek leaves.
- If you want to make it more spicy then sprinkle some chaat masala on top and mix.
- Poha – 1 cup
- Peanuts – 1 cup
- Chickpea flour – 1 cup
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
- Oil – for frying pakoras
- Soak the poha until it become puffy.
- Take chickpea flour in a big mixing bowl and add red chilly powder, coriander powder, green chillies, salt, green coriander and poha. Mix all the ingredients really well. Then add water in small portions and make a batter.
- Place as many pakoras as possible into the hot oil. Fry them till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep the medium-high.
- Transfer them on kitchen paper towel. Poha peanut pakoras are now ready.
- Serve these crispy and delectable poha peanut pakoras with a side assortment of kasundi, tomato sauce or any sauce you like. Enjoy!