Mint leaves powder adds an amazing flavour to the dish. It not only tastes enhances the flavour of the dish but it also adds a refreshing taste to the dish as well. Mint powder is used in various dishes such as making raita, gravy dishes, chaats etc. We use mint leaves in so many dishes either it is side dish or gravy dish.
Mint leaves cannot be stored for many days. It sometimes goes to waste but if you prepare its powder and store it in an airtight container then you can use it for several days. It will taste the same. It becomes very easy to prepare its powder in microwave. It only takes few minutes to do that. You can dry mint leaves under sun rays as well but it will take some time for the leaves to dry up completely. So, try out making mint leaves powder in microwave with theses easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Take a bunch of fresh mint leaves and pluck all its leaf. Discard the stem. Wash the mint leaves twice in water. Drain out the excess water. Place the leaves on colander and allow them to dry out completely.
Take a microwave safe tray and spread the mint leaves on it. Place the tray inside the microwave and roast the leaves for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, take the tray out. Stir the mint leaves with a spatula. They haven’t dried yet. Place it back inside the microwave and roast it for another 2.5 minutes.
Take out the tray after 2.5 minutes. Mint leaves have dried completely. Allow it to cool down completely.
After the roasted mint leaves cools down completely, crush it into a fine powder with hands.
Then place a sieve over a bowl and transfer the crushed mint leaves on it. Strain the mint powder through it so that the thick stems gets strained away. Discard the stems left on the sieve. Mint powder is now ready.
Use this refreshing and flavorful mint leaves powder for making salad, raita, soup, sabzi or any thing you want. Store this powder in an air-tight container and use it for years.
- You can spread these mint leaves on cloth or sieve and place them under sunlight or inside the room for 2 days to make mint leaves powder.
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 bunch
- Take a microwave safe tray and spread the mint leaves on it. Place the tray inside the microwave for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir the mint leaves with a spatula. Roast it for another 2.5 minutes.
- After the mint leaves cools down completely, crush it into a fine powder.
- Strain the mint powder through a sieve. Mint powder is now ready.