Sabudana khichdi prepared in microwave tastes super scrumptious. It is much more easier to make sabudana khichdi in microwave than on flame. Sabudana khichdi is very tasty as well as nutritious as it contains sago pearls, potato, peanuts and few more ingredients.
You must have prepared rice khichdi with different types of lentil. Now try out this amazing recipe of sabudana khichdi. When you are in no mood to cook then prepare this easy, quick and delicious sabudana khichdi in microwave. So, try out making sabudana khichdi with this easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Take small sago pearls, rinse it thoroughly with water. Drain out excess water from it. Soak it for 1 hour in 1 cup of water until it becomes puffy.
Take a microwave safe bowl and pour oil into it. Place it inside the microwave and heat it for 1 minute. After that, take the bowl out. Add cumin seeds into it. Again place it back into the microwave and roast it for 1 minute.
Now take the bowl out and add chopped green chilly, grated ginger and diced potatoes into the bowl. Stir to mix everything really well. Cover the bowl and place it inside the microwave. Cook it for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, take the bowl out. Remove its lid. Potatoes have turned tender. Now add soaked sago pearls into it along with red chilly powder, salt, roasted peanuts and ¼ cup of water. Mix all the ingredients really well.
Now cover the bowl. Place the bowl inside the microwave and set the timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, take the bowl out. Stir the khichdi.
After that, add chopped green coriander and lemon juice into it. Mix it really well. Cover the bowl and keep it aside as it is for standing time of 5 minutes.
5 minutes are over. Take off the lid. Stir the khichdi with a spatula. Sago pearl khichdi in microwave is now ready. Transfer it to a serving plate.
Serve this tantalizing and delectable sago pearl khichdi steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
- If you are taking small sago pearls for making khichdi then soak it for 1 hour and if you are taking big sago pearls the n soak it for 7-8 hours.
- Instead of red chilly powder you can also use black pepper powder.
- If you are preparing sabudana khichdi for fasts then use sendha salt instead of plain salt.
- Sago pearls – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 (diced)
- Peanuts – ½ cup (roasted and coarsely ground)
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Green chillies – 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch baton (grated) or 1 tsp paste
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
- Soak sago pearls for 1 hour.
- Pour oil in microwave safe bowl and put it in microwave for 1 minute. After that, add cumin seeds to it and again microwave for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped green chilly, grated ginger and diced potatoes into the bowl. Cover the bowl and place it in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add soaked sago pearls, red chilly powder, salt, roasted peanuts and ¼ cup of water. Mix all the ingredients really well.
- Now cover the bowl and place the bowl inside the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped green coriander and lemon juice into it. Mix it really well. Cover the bowl and keep it aside for 5 minutes. Sago pearl khichdi in microwave is now ready. Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve this tantalizing and delectable sago pearl khichdi steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!