Sesame seeds chutney makes the meal/snacks more relishing when served along with it. Roasted sesame seeds when ground with green coriander, green chilly, lemon, asafoetida and salt makes a finger-licking chutney. It is very easy to prepare with countable ingredients.
As sesame seeds chutney takes no time to prepare so you can prepare it when your guests arrives and you are out of any side assortment and don’t have much time to purchase it from outside. Your family and friends will ask for more and more for sure! So, definitely try out making sesame seeds chutney with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Take the green coriander and make a bunch of it. Chop it roughly and keep it aside.
Cut the lemon into half and squeeze out its juice in a small bowl using a squeezer.
Place a pan on flame. When the pan gets heated, add sesame seeds into it. Keep stirring continuously and roast the sesame seeds until it turns puffy. Don’t over roast it so that it changes its colour. Once the sesame seed gets roasted aptly, turn off the flame. Transfer it to a bowl. Allow t to cool down completely.
Transfer the roasted sesame seeds in a mixer jar along with roughly chopped green chillies, chopped green coriander, salt, asafoetida, lemon juice and ½ cup of water. Churn all the ingredients to make fine chutney.
Once the chutney becomes smooth, transfer it to a bowl. Sesame seeds chutney is now ready.
Serve this tangy and finger-licking sesame seeds chutney as a side assortment with samosa, kachori or any sandwich.
- You can add more green chillies to make the chutney spicier.
- If you want to skip lemon then replace it with a raw mango. Peel off its skin and cut out its pulp. Use its pulp instead of lemon juice.
- Sesame seeds – ½ cup
- Green coriander – ½ cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Lemon – 1
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
- Finely chop green coriander and squeeze lemon as well.
- Roast the sesame seeds until it turns puffy. Transfer it to a bowl. Allow t to cool down completely.
- Transfer the sesame seeds, green chillies, green coriander, salt, asafoetida, lemon juice and ½ cup of water in a mixer jar. Grind to make fine chutney. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Serve this tangy and finger-licking sesame seeds chutney as a side assortment with samosa, kachori or any sandwich.