Spinach stir fry makes an amazing side assortment with any meal. I have posted many recipes on spinach but this simple yet tasty recipe of spinach will make you drool. When you are in no mood to make any side dish along with dal-chapatti or dal-rice then make this spinach stir fry.
Spinach stir fry is made by mixing the spices into the wilted spinach. Spinach is very nutritious but everyone especially kids pinch their nose when it comes to eating spinach. This spinach stir fry will make the ask for more and more. So, definitely try out making spinach stir fry with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Pluck the spinach leaves and discard its stalk. Wash the leaves twice in water. Drain out excess water. Place the spinach leaves on the colander and allow them to dry out completely. After that, make a bunch of it and chop it finely. Place it into a bowl.
Wash the tomato thoroughly with water. Drain out excess water and allow it to dry out completely. After that, chop it into fine pieces. Keep it aside.
Place a wok on flame and pour oil into it. Once the oil gets heated, add cumin seeds into it. After the seed splutter, add asafoetida, chopped green chilly, ginger paste and turmeric powder into the wok. Saute the spices for a while.
Now add chopped tomato into the masala along with chopped spinach leaves, salt and red chilly powder. Mix all the ingredients nicely and saute for 2 minutes. Cover the wok and cook the spinach for 2-3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, remove the lid. Spinach has released its juice. So, cook the sabzi without covering it. This way, all the spinach juice will get evaporated and the sabzi will get ready.
Once the spinach juice gets evaporated, turn off the flame. Add chopped green coriander to the sabzi. Mix it really well. Spinach stir fry is now ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
Serve this nutritious and delectable spinach stir fry sabzi steaming hot along with chapatti, parantha or rice. Enjoy!
- Here we are making spinach stir fry with tomato. If you want then you can skip it. Spinach stir fry will still taste good.
- Time – 5-6 minutes
- Spinach – 500 grams
- Tomatoes – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp or 1 inch pieces grated
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1-2 pinches
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ tsp (optional)
- Red chilly powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
- Finely chop spinach and tomatoes.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chilly, ginger paste and turmeric powder into the wok.
- Now add tomato and spinach leaves, salt and red chilly powder. Cover the wok and cook the spinach for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped green coriander to the sabzi. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Serve this nutritious and delectable spinach stir fry sabzi steaming hot along with chapatti, parantha or rice. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)