Paneer pulao is prepared with pan fried paneer, green peas and whole spices. Paneer is loved by everyone and when these soft paneer comes together with aromatic basmati rice makes a perfect dish. In this recipe the paneer chunks are tossed in oil which gives it a nice texture.
Pulao is something that is served at every party. So, when you are planning for any get-together at home then makes this simple yet mouth-watering paneer pulao for your guests by following this recipe with step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Rinse basmati rice thoroughly with water. Drain out the excess water from it. After that, soak the rice for ½ an hour. Then cook the soaked rice in microwave until it turns puffy and soft.
Peel the brown cardamom and put its seeds into the mortar pestle along with cinnamon stick, cloves and black peppercorns. Crush all the spices together to make a fine powder.
Cut the lemon into half. Squeeze the lemon using a squeezer in a small bowl.
Place a pan on flame and pour some ghee into it. When the ghee gets heated, add paneer chunks into it. Shallow fry the paneer chunks on medium-low flame until they turn golden brown in colour.
When the paneer gets fried aptly, transfer them to a bowl. Similarly, shallow fry the rest of the paneer chunks. Keep them aside.
Add cumin seeds into the ghee left in the pan. Keep the flame low. After the seeds splutters, add powder of whole spices into it. Stir it for a while. Add ginger paste as well. Saute the masala and add green peas into it. Mix it really well and saute it for a minute.
Now cover the pan and cook the green peas for another 1 minute. After a minute, remove the lid. Green peas have turned crunchy. Add boiled basmati rice into it. Mix it really well.
Now add paneer chunks into it along with salt. Gently stir the rice so that everything mixes really well. Once everything mixes well add lemon juice into it. Mix it through as well.
Everything is mixed well. Paneer pulao is now ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a serving plate.
Garnish this delectable and lip-smacking paneer pulao with some green coriander sprigs and serve it steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
- Here we have mixed lemon juice into the pulao but if you want to skip it then don’t add it.
- If you prefer eating spicy than add red chilly powder or chopped green chilly into the pulao.
- For 2-3 members
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (200 grams)
- Paneer – 200 grams (diced into ½ inch chunks)
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – more than 1 tsp (1 ¼) or to taste
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Brown cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½ inch
- Cloves – 3-4
- Black peppercorns – 8-10
- Lemon – 1
- Cook the soaked rice in microwave until it turns puffy and soft.
- Crush the whole spices together to make a fine powder.
- Heat a pan with ghee and shallow fry the paneer chunks. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add cumin seeds, spice powder, ginger paste nad green peas into the pan. Saute it for a minute.
- Add boiled basmati rice, paneer and lemon juice into it. Mix it really well.
- Paneer pulao is now ready. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Garnish this delectable and lip-smacking paneer pulao with some green coriander sprigs and serve it steaming hot as it is. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)