Mango halwa is a sweet Indian dessert made of sweet mangoes and semolina and taste super delicious. This mango halwa is so scrumptious and simple that you will enjoy making it any time of the year!
You can prepare this tempting mango halwa anytime for a get together or any special occasion. Though you don’t have to wait for any special occasion to savor this sweet as it can be prepared at home very instantly and no expert cooking skills are required. The use of mango and dry fruits takes its taste and texture to next level. So, try our variation of mango halwa with step-by-step picture and instructions and make everyone go wow!
Chop each cashew into 5-6 small pieces. Place it in a bowl. Cut 4 cashews into halves. Peel the green cardamom and crush its seeds into fine powder using mortar pestle.
Place a pan on flame and pour half the quantity of ghee into it followed by semolina. Keep stirring continuously and roast the semolina until it turns golden brown in colour. Keep the flame on medium.
Once the semolina gets roasted aptly, add less than 2 cups of water to it. Mix it really well and let it simmer on low flame until the semolina puffs up. Add sugar as well. Don’t stir the mixture too much.
After a while, semolina has puffed up. Stir to mix it well. Add chopped mango into it. Mix it well. Let it cook until the halwa turns thick in consistency.
Also add chopped cashews and some ghee to it. Mix everything really well. Let the halwa cook.
Halwa has turned thick. Turn off the flame. Add crushed green cardamom as well. Stir to mix it really well.
Mango halwa is now ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
Garnish this luscious and mouth-drooling mango halwa with the remaining ghee and cashew pieces and serve it steaming hot as it is as a dessert or have it whenever you crave for something sweet. Enjoy!
- Here we have added chopped mango into the halwa. If you want then you can add a paste of mango pulp as well.
- Mango – 1
- Semolina – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cashews – 10-12
- Green cardamom – 4
- Chop cashew small pieces. Crush green cardamom seeds into fine powder.
- Heat a pan with some ghee and semolina. Roast till it changes its colour. Keep the flame on medium.
- Add less than 2 cups of water and sugar to it. Simmer it on low flame.
- Add mango, cashews and ghee into it. Mix it well.
- Halwa has turned thick. Turn off the flame. Add crushed green cardamom as well. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish this luscious and mouth-drooling mango halwa with the remaining ghee and cashew pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Show Comments (0)