Mango Lassi is a soothing and refreshing cold drink for hot summer days and also an amazing drink to brighten up any meal. This pale drink is a blend of mango and fresh curd which is popular in almost every Indian restaurant. We are using fresh ripe mangoes for making this lassi but canned mangoes can also be used.
This mango lassi is best when served chilled to beat the heat of scorching sun. This lassi is thick, creamy and a rich beverage with lots of mango flavors. Making mango lassi is really easy to make at home. Here is a simple and quick recipe for making mango lassi at your home with step-by-step pictures. Enjoy!
Rinse the mango thoroughly with water. Drain out excess water from it. Allow it to dry out completely. Peel off its skin. Cut out its pulp and place it in a bowl. Discard its seed. Chop the mango pulp into small chunks.
Take mango pulp in a mixer jar. Add sugar into it.
Further add curd to it. Churn to blend everything really well.
Now add 1 cup of ice-cubes/chilled water to it. Blend it again. Mango lassi is now ready.
Pour mango lassi in two serving glasses.
Garnish this refreshing and luscious mango lassi with pistachio slices and serve it chilled as it is. Enjoy!
- Here we have used safeda mango but if you couldn’t find safeda then use any other variety of mango which contain less fibre.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar as per taste. Instead of sugar you can use honey, brown sugar, khand or anything you desire.
- For garnishing you can use green cardamom powder, saffron strands, vanilla ice-cream or anything you want.
- Mango – 1 cup
- Fresh curd – 1 cup
- Pistachios – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Peel and cut the mango pulp and place it in a bowl. Discard its seed.
- Take mango pulp, sugar and curd in a mixer jar. Churn to blend everything really well.
- Now add 1 cup of ice-cubes/chilled water to it. Blend it again.
- Pour mango lassi in two serving glasses and garnish with pistachios. Enjoy!